Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
EL_Fairmont

Default Trip ComputeR Light

Mine's gone out practically...

Is it an LED, is it a normal Globe ? How the hell do i get to it ? PLEASE don't tell me I have to rip the whole dash off ! :(

Help ! ?

EL_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

It's a largish globe actually. Well, it is in the ED.

Just take the front facia off the dash, and it should be accessible.

Or, I'll come and do it for a slab of Corona.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
ORSMEB
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
...I'll come and do it for a slab of Corona...
A slab? It's a bit much. How 'bout a glass of water?
Old 28-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Fairmont
Mine's gone out practically...

Is it an LED, is it a normal Globe ? How the hell do i get to it ? PLEASE don't tell me I have to rip the whole dash off ! :(

Help ! ?
Nice Car..........

You will have to take the Dash Cluster out to remove Dash Lights - its not a huge Job, few screws, few plugs...and done

Here is a pic of the back of the Cluster:-

Check this thread out for Help on the Subject - it has part number for replacement LEDS, how to fit them and links to other useful "How to " threads :-
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=NARVA

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Or, I'll come and do it for a slab of Corona.
Surely you'd want something decent for your effort?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Nice Car..........

You will have to take the Dash Cluster out to remove Dash Lights - its not a huge Job, few screws, few plugs...and done

Here is a pic of the back of the Cluster:-

Check this thread out for Help on the Subject - it has part number for replacement LEDS, how to fit them and links to other useful "How to " threads :-
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=NARVA
Umm, he isn't removing the dash, he's changing the trip computer light. Nothing to do with the cluster..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 28-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Umm, he isn't removing the dash, he's changing the trip computer light. Nothing to do with the cluster..
Oh I thought he meant this.........lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
Christiaan

Haha, nah, the trip computer in the center of the dash, next to the air vents. ;)
Old 30-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
EL_Fairmont

So, I just pull the trip computer out... with, a flathead screw driver or do I need something more refined ?
EL_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
Christiaan

Haha.

No, you need to take the dash facia off. It won't come out by shoving a flat head screw driver in there and trying to jerk it out.

Undo the radio surround, then undo the dash facia.
Old 31-01-2007, 12:58 AM   #11
pHaT`eL
Banned

Take the radio surround, dash and shifter surround off.. the climate should just pop out from the dash.
Autobarn have the exact globe/holder in stock and its $2, just take the old one in with you. I just did mine last week, pain in the **** for something so small!!
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post