The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2022, 02:29 PM   #10
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I wonder what has happened; I have Supercharge in all my 5 cars and they usually last at least just one or two months past there warranty. I wonder how much the issues for these batteries, regardless of brand in question, is related to less miles on cars due to Covid and longer importation journeys time-wise and longer in transit storage periods (between date of manufacture and the actual retail sale) and other Covid related production and storage issues. As someone once said: "Most batteries don't die, they are murdered [by maltreatment] " per https://www.centurybatteries.ca/sing...y-are-murdered and https://baintech.com.au/keep-your-ba...-of-the-grave/ etc Perhaps Covid is a mass murderer in more than one way? It would be interesting to know how old some of these batteries were when purchased (the manufacturing date is usually stamped on the case albeit sometimes in a cryptic code). It is so easy to blame nearly everything on either Covid or the other evil, Putin but....
My habits of driving my GT have not changed at all since 2007, same with my other cars pre covid , So in my case I don't think Covid is the issue. The only car that would be affected in my case is my wife's car as she used to drive 120km / day five days a week and she has been working from home, but we sold her car for that reason.

I have been thinking if it is a matter of quality of resources?

With many battery resources getting used for solar battery systems and electric cars, may be manufacturers are compromising on the materials going into the batteries to keep the prices low(er).

More use/demand of resources for the above mentioned reasons would have to drive price up of said resources. May be they are cutting back on whatever makes the battery work and quality is suffering.

When I returned mine it almost seems that the guy dealing with battery returns is sick of dealing with it.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: