Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question HSV after Zeta

Hey guys- thought since there's so much mystery about this subject, I should put together a speculative thread about HSV post 2018.

HSV are definitely continuing after VF- they have confirmed this, but it's hard to imagine what with or how much resources they'll have.

I read on another forum HSV might be preparing a V8 Colorado, as GM US are preparing a V8 Canyon for 2018 MY but I went on GM US forums and nobody corroborated that. Wheels seems to think HSV will bring out a Colorado with suspension work, body kit and warmed over Duramax.

I'm guessing there'll be an OPC/VXR Astra to source from Europe again so not much point going it alone there.

Commodore, Hmm that's a toughie. A V8 won't fit, turbo won't fit so I can only think LGX with positive displacement supercharger. With enough boost, over 300kw would be easily possible but without the LS note. Then the potential for export is opened up again.

Then that brings the driveline into question, unless they replace the 9-speed with a DCT- which would bring performance down to current Clubsport territory anyhow.
One plus with it being the Insignia is access to Irmscher etc for parts like HDT did with early Commodores for rims etc.

What would be nice is if they use carbon fibre parts from Quickstep, Futuris and Carbon Revolution and other Australian components to give some suppliers a stay of execution. One idea I had was an IRS module for the Colorado to make a Maloo successor but that's probably a bit farfetched.

Walkinshaw seems pretty cashed up with all they're doing, so I am not so concerned they won't have the money to do anything interesting, it's just all so up in the air I can't wait to hear more about what they have to offer.

All jokes aside, we know they're continuing what do you expect/ have you heard? Anything juicy?

Last edited by FalconXV; 12-12-2016 at 05:36 PM.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post