Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

Default Re: New to cycling

finally got bearings for my freehub yesterday. couldn't find any locally (bike shops, cbc bearings etc) so got them from a place called RScomponents in Weatherill Pk, NSW. well, thats where i thought they were coming from. rang them last thursday, after ordering them the previous wednesday to see where they were. the order said same day despatch and that was 8 days ago. turns out they were coming from the UK. this is 2 bearings the size of a 10c piece each. unreal.

the last 3 rides i've had my old factory wheel back on, and even though i've only upgraded to campag zonda's, it was a nice reminder how much difference a set of rims can make. at first it didn't feel like much difference, but the more i rode the more it reminded me how much better the zonda's spin up and roll. the stock rims feel like you are towing a trailer.... always nice to remind yourself that the upgrade was actually an improvement and more than just visually.

weather is ordinary here in adelaide, so by the time i had humpty back together, i couldn't be bothered going out. will have to test it out later. hopefully the noises are gone.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: