Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #11
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety, BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
after a fair enough recent comment, with good intent taken, 'is there anything you (ie me) haven't had?'
and its not meant to sound like hypochondria, but i would like to just explain how complex my Borderline Personality Disorder is for both patient and therapist.
A serious mental illness affecting every aspect of life, moods and emotions.
factors leading to BPD can be complex, genetics, personality, experience of trauma and is 3 times more likely to occur in women.
BPD can be marked by
SELF HARM (as simple as bashing the head, punching my self in the face is my usual)
Difficulty relating to people
Feelings of insecurity
Responding EMOTIONALLY to certain TRIGGERS
Feeling OUT OF CONTROL and OVERWHELMED by emotions
DIFFICULTY expressing and experiencing anger
POOR sense of self
IMPULSIVENESS leading to drug/alcohol abuse or RECKLESS BEHAVIOUR
MOOD SWINGS
UNSTABLE RELATIONSHIPS and commitment issues
DISSOCIATION

the upper case parts, at least one if those symptons, are experienced everyday by me and getting a handle on it is very time and energy consuming for me and my circumstances as an individual assessment. there a LOT of variables and disorders steming from/to and individuals must learn and be guided professionally for any such hope of recovery,
i was taken away in an ambulance last night after agreeing with good police responsive actions understanding to my disorder (big call out thankyou officers) after a relapse in a irrational emotional response to a family member resulting in a suicidal remark heard by a caring neighbour, and for the first time, after all my years, a mental health professional suggested DBT Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, now during all that I've read and my attempts at Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, not once had i heard of this.... designed especially for my Disorder. so don't wait people for the world to help, go out there and do not take NO or I don't know for an answer, cause it got me nowhere and NOW WATCH OUT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES BECAUSE HERE I COME AND I WILL BE HEARD TO BENEFIT OTHERS AND MAKE IT MORE AWARE TO THE BEST OF MY ABILTY, (unless of course i decided not to care ...disorder joke, i jest, tis what i do)
Yes it was certainly 100% said with good intent...
And Isn't it nice when the police respect you and treat you accordingly, taking extenuating circumstances into account! They could have made last nite a living hell for you if they treated you like just another trouble maker!

And once again I take my hat off too you! Going thru what you do every day and still surviving to fight and pick yourself up everyday! As touched on earlier...I now insist that what you go thru makes what I fight thru, feel a bit insignificant! (I know, not the thing to be laughing about but hey..)
Might look up that DBT...sounds interesting.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: