Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
BAGT514
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another Qantas flight goes wrong...

I was heading from Perth to Brisbane on the "Red Eye" (QF652) last night after my stint at work. After taking off it was noticable that something wasn't right and after an hour the pilot informed us that the landing gear wouldn't retract.......
We turned back to Perth and landed and had to be parked up at the very southern area on the Perth runway until the fire crew had a chance to inspect us. They towed us back to the terminal and Qantas organised another 767 for our flight. 4 hours after our original schedule take-off we boarded the pane again to head off. My transfer to Mount Isa took of 30 mins before I landed and I am stuck in the Qantas lounge for 7 hours...
I respect the pilots for erring on the side of caution and the fact our utmost safety was kept in mind at all times (as it should be)
BUT
The pilot stated he had never in all his years at Qantas experienced anything like this and the frequency of failures seems to be increasing.
A few months back our Qantas 717 popped an engine on the Perth-Newman flight.
Am I just having bad luck or are Qantas geting worse?

Shane

"Semi - Silhouette" 2003 BAGT #514
2007 GT500 factory supercharged motor built!

Sensation Blue 2011 FG GT-P # 101
KPM Streetfighter Monster
5.2lt MMR short motor / Stage 3 MMR heads / Boss 302 Exhaust cams
FR20 Simmons / Tein Coilovers / Eaton Tru Track / Very scared 305/25/20" Nitto Invo's
ZF fitted with a NIZPRO Stage 2 input shaft & Excedy Clutches
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11408502
BAGT514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post