Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Australia will be run by 100,000 Abe simpsons

Australias always been a conservative place but these increasingly ridiculous hoon laws and on the spot fines for swearing in public seem to be going a bit far.

This sort of thing is only going to get worse with our ageing population.
Think of a country ruled by people with the views of Abe simpson's - the quotes below are funny but its this sort of attitude that i think is contributing to some of these crazy laws (they are one big voting block):

Grampa quotes:
Dear Advertisers, I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television. We are not all vibrant, fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days when entertainment was bland and inoffensive. The following is a list of words I never want to hear on television again. Number one: bra. Number two: horny. Number three: family jewels.

The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it. - 40 rods/hogshead is about 0.002 mpg

I shouldn't be listening to complaints, I should be making them with you guys! The good Lord lets us grow old for a reason; to gain the wisdom to find fault with everything He's made.

Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

I hate everything but 'Matlock'

I give you the man who puts young people behind bars -- where they belong - matlock.

And from Australia - I don't like hoons or people that swear. its my bigest concern and it scares me. they should be arrested/finned

Next thing you know they will make a law that says you have to have dinner at 5:30

No offence to G6E owners by the way

steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post