Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Re: Aami - Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmac
Does anyone read there insurance policy any more ?
Would you buy a microwave and then complain because it's not a television ?
Insurance will not cover earth movement. Even if you don't read the whole policy, at least read the defined events that your policy covers you for, that will give you an idea of what you CAN claim.
It sucks what happened but it happens quite a lot (im in the industry but don't work for AAMI) and will never be covered as its not a defined events and most policies will specifically exclude earth movement of any kind except for earthquake for some companies.

The correct procedure from here is to not rant and rave, but to go through there internal dispute resolution procedure and if they still uphold the denial then go to the financial ombudsman service.
I don't like your chances but the most efficient way is to follow procedure, ringing up and yelling at the consultant or manager is not going to change the info they have been provided by an Engineer.
At the end of the day its not personal its just what the policy said, and from what I have heard they have made the right decision according to the policy wording which you choose.

Good luck with getting your house rectified though.

I too work in the industry and am 100% with Ratmac on this one.
Trev, like has been already pointed out by the guy that used to work for AAMI, thier policy is a defined event policy which covers the events defined in the policy. With that in mind, what defined event has happened to you?
If you cannot find one of the defined events your policy covers then you are not covered.