Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
Scaffy
Rlegaur Mbemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So in other words, if police try and pull someone over and they run your saying they should be let off because they have decided to make poor choice and shouldnt be punished for it?

If you have an overwhealming desire to run from police because they come up behind you, then you have something wrong with you, OR your trying to hide something.

This why there are certain laws around to punish people who make incredibly poor choices in life (yes some laws are so stupid they make you laugh). But if you have done nothing and are simply driving around minding your own business and Police pull you over, you do the right thing and pull over.

I drove a very distintive XB sedan for many yrs and on average i was being pulled over EVERY month for 5yrs. Police and the Mermaids would go over my car with a fine tooth comb. And each time i saw the lights behind me i had no desire to run.
And why? because i had NOTHING TO HIDE.

Yet this idea is abhorrent to you?

No, this was in reference to changing the law so mandatory jail terms were to apply. Someone goes to take off (not sure if they are over the limit, for example), then rationality hits them after initial hit of adrenalin and they would pull over under normal circumstances. But, in the event of mandatory jail terms, that rationality would then ask, do you want to go to jail for 5 years because you just took off and even if you do stop, they could've called in that you ran and hey, mandatory is mandatory! Confusion, a couple of drinks under the belt (not necessarily drunk), fear and panic may well be enough to send someone on their way.
[YEAH NAH] Red EL XR8 with Trick Flow top end kit, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, tweecer, 3.73s & tired T5 = 275rwhp & 13.155@105mph NA. 12.375@116.73 N2O - Off the road, awaiting 347 293ci and Astro Performance gear-kitted T5 (A5)

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph - E7 heads FTW! - SOLD