Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
lamborghinifan

Default Did I do something stupid or not? '66galaxie with GTHO motor

So I went to a deceased estate clearing sale, many many old ford holden chev wrecks/projects etc. near the end of the sale after a few of the more expensive cars went up for sale, I'd nearly lost interest because the couple i was interested in went for too much. Then a '66 ford galaxie with a gt (ho?) motor came up, with ref numbers (have them somewhere) I half jokingly started the bidding at $2000- it was in ok nick, mostly paint and TLC needed. I expected it to go for heaps but I had it until basically the final call and someone got it for 2500. I chickened but also a bit surprised so i didn't continue bidding. Will I kick myself forever now?? I suspect I am about to be flamed now, but don't be too cruel to me! It wasn't that i didn't have the money, I just had no idea what it was really worth, and I don't really have anywhere to put it that it deserves. And i've never done anything like that before.

lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post