Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
Kryton

Default list of Learner approved motorcycles?

anyone know where i can find a list of Learner Approved Motorcycles for victoria?
ive had a look through Google and Vicroads website but couldnt find anything about what motorcycles learners cannot ride.
the reason im want to find out is that i have come across a motorcycle manufacturer that has released a series of bikes that go up to 650cc that have been ADR approved for Learners, but all the info i can find about it only points to being legal in NSW. i need to find out if they are accepted in Vic as well.
now before everyone gets on their horse and starts debating that learners cant ride anything above 250cc you need to look here: http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/ROADBIKES.html
that is the manufacturer. read some of the road tests that have been done and also when your viewing the Specs for the 650cc bikes you will notice a second Spec column that has the model number and then 'L' (eg:GT650R-GT650RL) that is the Learner Approved Version of the bike. and yes this is for Australia too.
anyway where can i find out if Vic will allow these Learner Approved Bikes to be riden by learners?

Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post