Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
I love it how some of you blokes actually swallow the bull that some police and government members shove down your throats. Speed kills. Yeah right.

Just because he was pulling 170 doesn't mean an accident was surely impending. Does anyone know where, when, how, conditions (driver, road, weather, etc) this occured?

If it was a straight, clear, queit road which the guy knew like the back of his hand with no traffic away from residential area. Trained, quality driver and an immaculate, capable vehicle - what's wrong with that?

If it was a twisty, dark, wet road he was unfamiliar with plenty of traffic near residential areas. A poor driver in a poorly maintained and unroadworthy vehicle - moronic behavior.

You see the difference? Let's look at the whole picture instead of pointing at "170km" with shocked and dismayed looks and shaking our heads are the sheer insanity of it all...

Take the latest news regarding the Summernats bloke that got nabbed for doing "40km" over the speed limit (oh my god!!! why wasn't his car impounded and the bloke jailed for 5 years, no bail!!!). Sounds good on the headlines. Look at the whole picture and you will see it was in what is normally an 80 zone which was brought down to 40 due to road works. And anyone knows that there are PLENTY of times during roadworks where there is ZERO activity which may have been the case here.

FFS get over the whole "speek kills" crap! Of course speed kills. If a car wasn't carrying speed at the time it pranged, there would be no damage. So yes, speed kills. But let's look at why instead of preaching bull...
ummm can i ask did you read the thread and the links added to it

i dont think you did

Quote:
He was driving a Nissan Pulsar at 170km/h in a 100km/h zone on the winding Brandy Creek Road,
that was taken from the ninemsn news link

so was it a straight road no it was not

and as for the road works side of it if it is posted at 40 klm then that is what you are asked to do if you get done for over so boo hoo to you you dont look at the speed signs and then deserve to get done

why do people have such an issue with the " car got impounded syndrome " if you are stupid enough ( i am sometimes ) then deal with the results of your own actions and don't and winge about the fact

get over it and learn from it i say

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]