Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djst
I think a big reason for the difference between the Commodore and Falcon is simply looks.
People like to show off their shiny new toy,as vein as it sounds.
The Commodore has more street presence than the new Falcon.
I have been driving the new Fg at work and it is a great car,but most guys at work think its cooler to be in the Holden,some even admitting the fg is the better car,but they would rather be seen in the Commodore,as they say it looks tuff and its a Holden.
No offence intended mate, but to me those guys sound like a load of W@nk3rs, I mean seriously saying one car is better full stop, but you would rather be seen in the other shows just how shallow and insignificant some peoples opinions are.

Sadly though that IS what mattters, because Holden are selling more, and thus Ford are fighting a losing battle, if you are selling a substantially better car, and are still being beaten in the sales race, then nothing you can do will change that. If people are stupid enough to constantly buy the inferior car because, as you say, "I would rather be seen in a Holden" than their is nothing much Ford can do.