Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #1
Mullett
Badly Focused

Default New car, new owner, new forum...

Another new Focus owner...I've had a little procession of go-fast 90s jap gear, so I decided it was time to settle down and save some money...so this is the car. 07 LT CL, came up at a dealer as a demo (7000km), paid 17 777 for it, rego, tank of fuel, stamp duty etc all paid. Time to start playing with it

Mods:
Suspention (what's the best package for the $$$?) I was going to start with springs and a rear swaybar, and possibly some shocks. Is it cheaper to buy from europe? I can get KONIs for about 1100, king springs for about 250, and KONI FSD shocks for 1400 (but they might not be compatible with a lowered car) Anyone got experiences they can relate?

Intake:
I'll do the 2nd airbox delete this weekend, that should free up a bit of power, and I'll sort out some CAI while I'm doing it. Anything else that's going to free up decent power without messing with factory setup too much?

Exhaust:
This is the hard one, I don't even know where to start...I'll just go for a cat back, 2.5 is heaps I guess, but it's gotta be QUIET, I don't want it droning in the cab at 110, but a bit of a bark on WOT is fine Experiences? Is there power to be had in the exhaust anyway?

Wheels:
Looking at *clicky* it's a bit of a debate between P008-17*7.0 Diablo Racer Silver, P020-17*7.0 Stacorp Racing Concept 5 - Silver,
P000-17*7.0 Lenso S7 and P000-17*7.0 Lenso S7 Modify Anyone know anywhere else to source rims for similar money? None of those totally jump out at me, but better than $2200 over here for rims! (and the choice is even worse...)

Are there many other WA guys over here?

RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post