Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
BS. I'm always using mine in corners and that's on a car with tight fitting sports seats (about 2mm clearance for the side and bottom bolsters). This is on the road on my normal road tyres. On track days with R spec tyres it is much more useful.

They also help under braking and can save on clutch wear. Guys like Frank Gardiner, Carroll Smith and a lot of driving instructors (including John Bowe's) recommend them and use them but what would they know?

If you don't "need" a foot rest maybe you aren't cornering hard enough, you aren't aware of how hard your car can turn or you have no idea of their benefits. Being pulled around by lateral and longitudinal G's while steering, braking and accelerating doesn't help anyones car control.

Give me the benefits of primary safety (being able to avoid a crash) over secondary safety (damage caused during/after the crash) any day!

I'm sure anyone on this forum who has seen me drive certainly knows I corner hard enough.

How can a foot rest possibly save clutch wear?!

If I need support through corners I simply put pressure down on the floor with my left foot. The same goes with braking. The foot rest makes no difference in this method.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post