Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Default Blown Boss for 67 XR

Hey Chris its a new year and i have been given a invite back to the Forums as long as i behave and dont get into any heated debates with the bosses, i thought i would change my name for a new begining and a more appropriate one as there is no more stroker engine instead there is going to be one of your KB kitted Boss 5.4 motors.
I am that excited about this year i got all the prices last week for the RRS gear and i actually got the car out of its place of storage on tuesday and gave it a clean and have a look at it, the first time its turned its wheels in a long time.
For anyone that is interested my project is for my 67 XR Falcon to be fitted out with Revalation Racing Supplies parts list:
Front coil overs
Phase 4 front brakes
Phase 3 rear brakes
under dash booster
3 Link rear end
Rack & Pinion (power)
Race bred power steering pump & reservoir kit
Shock tower notching kit
Billet tower top caps
Braided hose kit
I have made my mind up on the Phase 3 rear brakes as i want to be able to do some circuit fun days even though my main aim is the drags, the problem is i have to run a minimum of a 17" rim this makes the tyre choice limited for the drags although the Americans are putting down some great times with the BF-Goodrich Drag Radial (7.8sec) 1/4miles. Given the adjustability of the suspension i will have, i think we should be able to run some good numbers.
engine wise a built boss motor by Chris and then adding a Kenne Belle blower will have me more HP than most of the small block strokers getting around and when it comes to drive ability well mine will win that hands down, the lower stall convertor is the first thing that will be a significant difference. As for the Transmission i was thinking about the 4 speed BTR to match the Boss but when it comes to reliability i am edging towards the C4 as once these are built right you are laughing.
My aim is to have the Falcon on the 1/8th mile at Mildura for the first round of the ANDRA Tri-Series in November, that way i will have it all sorted out for the final round in my home town of Whyalla in March 09.
On a final note please feel free to express your feelings or your thoughts on what i am doing, the reason i say this is a few of my mates were dead against me doing this, modern engine old car just doesnt work but they started changing there minds when they seen the Dyno graphs that Chris sent me, and the photos i took of a couple of Eleanor Mustangs getting fitted out with all the RRS gear.
Cheers

Cameron

KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post