Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Flirt Thread

I'm wondering why it was that the thread that I started yesterday, was closed within a very short span of it being started.

There was and still is it would seem a need for a thread such as this, I cannot understand how certain threads are allowed to go on with absolutely no understandable reason as to there appearing on the Forum in the first place. And no I will not name them, as I am sure most know of them but simply let them be unless it gets a little offensive to members or becomes something that truly serves no purpose.

Some may say that a flirt thread serves or would serve no purpose, why then did so many people seem to get involved in the thread prior, how did it bring people into the thread from all over the Forum and why did people immediately get on board with there support. Truly puzzling.

Is this not what we are trying to do??

Are we not trying to involve as many people from the Forum in threads as we possibly can??

By doing so does this not make the Forums more accessable to all the members, rather than specific threads that only a small portion of the members can actually be involved in??

I am disgusted quite frankly at the actions of certain members to have the threads closed and/or have certain posts stopped. Could they not see that it was merely a little fun that is and most certainly was appreciated by many of the members on here, some of whom voiced there opinion on the matter of relevance to the posts within the threads, agreeing that it was just in good fun and certainly not offending or harming anyone. Could they not understand that perhaps people need interaction in all its forms and that this was just a way of interacting with people, and indeed other members, that they may not have done otherwise,

In closing I think that the 'overpolicing' that is being done by certain 'regular' members needs to be looked into and most certainly kerbed if not stopped, it only serves to alienate members and perhaps make themselves feel a little more important within the community. If that's what they want then they should possibly look into joining in instead of complaining about something that 'they' see as 'not fitting in' to the community, after all we are a community and as such should perhaps start acting like one.

Furthermore,I apologize if I had offended anyone with any of my posts or for that matter the thread that I had started, but to date I have recieved only one real complaint and the minority it would seem is being very vocal, such a shame.