Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Watchers of our forum.

I have to say that I am more and more becoming aware of people who I meet around Sydney who know of our forum here but never post. They are getting Jim Mock this and pacemaker that.There are some awesome cars out there that people simply dont post about on here but read our stories and go out and mod .

I would love to hear some of the developments and projects that people out there are working on. Dont be shy join the forum..tell us your story....surely there are more ford fans than this!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Mayb the manufacturers should be putting in more money as WE are advertising their stuff
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

I checked out this forum and started modding my AU for some time before I posted. I suppose I wanted to source as much information as I could by searching all the old pages before asking some dumb question for obvious and various reasons, anyway I liked what I saw so here I am :hihi:
Old 26-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor
I checked out this forum and started modding my AU for some time before I posted. I suppose I wanted to source as much information as I could by searching all the old pages before asking some dumb question for obvious and various reasons, anyway I liked what I saw so here I am :hihi:
It is cool man. It is just really nice when people post up their experiences in the forums and we all can benefit. Apart from that it feels like its own little ford forum community/family

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 26-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
AdzT3-146
own the road

i used to lurk on the old forums but when this one started up i decided to join.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
Stav
Smile

Apart from most existing hardcores...there are not as many posts coming on for people modding.

Old 27-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Exclamation Eligibility

I personally think that it is too easy to become a member of this forum. I think that not even guests should be able to see what is posted here. I mean it is so easy too answer a few questions and you are a member, why cant the guests do that?
If after an alloted amount of time nothing is heard from these guys then they are PM by the administration to be a part of the team or go your merry way.
Also for instance do any of you know REALLY who i am, do you know if i am 10-20-30-40-50-60 or older? male or female. I am not trying to harass or interfere with anyones right so not , please get into one of those threads where we start having a go at one another. Its just a thought.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
CongoAU2
AYE YOU

I think that there would be a lot of people that are members but don't post whore like a lot of poeple on here. some people join and are obsessed with the number of posts under their names. if you search you can normally find the answer to your question about 3-4 times over. whenever i've had a question i've searched and nearly always found my answer. :
CongoAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

hey Congo thats cool man.But its even better that you posted so that we can all say....Gidday :sm_headba :hihi:

Also it would be soo great for you to share your experience and travells.This is what life is about..

Old 27-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

I think some people are just afraid of being in forums like this on the net. Nothing wrong with that, they just like their privacy.
Old 27-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CongoAU2
I think that.....
AHAHAHAHAHA your avi is a crack up!!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
I think that there would be a lot of people that are members but don't post whore like a lot of poeple on here. some people join and are obsessed with the number of posts under their names. if you search you can normally find the answer to your question about 3-4 times over. whenever i've had a question i've searched and nearly always found my answer. :
Seriously your one of the few!

: : :newangel: : :
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was a member of the other forum for ages (years) before I started posting.

Some people just arent interested in joining though. I know a guy with a NA EA I6 pulling over 200rwkw (on the same dynos I run on so I know the accuracy of the numbers) and he couldnt care less about joining. I know of others who have had e-series I6's running 13's several years ago, but Im not sure if they even know how to use the internet. Id love to be able to get these peoples advice at the tap of a keyboard, and maybe thats why they dont want to get involved...
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWK
I personally think that it is too easy to become a member of this forum. I think that not even guests should be able to see what is posted here. I mean it is so easy too answer a few questions and you are a member, why cant the guests do that?
If after an alloted amount of time nothing is heard from these guys then they are PM by the administration to be a part of the team or go your merry way.
Also for instance do any of you know REALLY who i am, do you know if i am 10-20-30-40-50-60 or older? male or female. I am not trying to harass or interfere with anyones right so not , please get into one of those threads where we start having a go at one another. Its just a thought.
I think there are a couple of threads that already relate to what you speak of....i.e. your occupation...your user name...who is the youngest...who grew up in the 80's...etc.

If you like I will start a thread(which I'm sure has been done already..."Tell us your life story"

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
If you like I will start a thread(which I'm sure has been done already..."Tell us your life story"

I hope you have a death notice prepared if you do! :
Old 27-07-2005, 10:39 PM   #16
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

As it happens there are quite severe restrictions on what guests can see - if you want to see how much then click the logout button and then navigate to the home page and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers
Russ

Quote:

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #17
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I hope you have a death notice prepared if you do! :

No, but I'm sure it would make interesting reading and maybe just maybe some ppl may realise they are pretty well off compared to others.

Sorry Minge I'm bordering on political here but given that the three things one is not meant to talk about are sex,religion and politics..might I just say that without the three and FORD...what is life.

Minge,we've had what is the sickest you've been,we've had..what is your occupation,we've had the ir changes(and I am grateful for the team for letting that one flow,it will get worse..imho) so is there much difference when all these are put together and a your life thread.
My Thanks to the Admin Team and if they decide that my proposed thread is a bit too much then so be it. I will abide by their decision.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #18
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

By helping you with your Avatar choice mate, you must realise that my sense of humour is pretty warped....

Im not sure of the reaction your will get, but go for it, its the bar after all, and I cannot stand anymore pictures of scary people for the time being!
Old 27-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
By helping you with your Avatar choice mate, you must realise that my sense of humour is pretty warped....

Im not sure of the reaction your will get, but go for it, its the bar after all, and I cannot stand anymore pictures of scary people for the time being!
Thanks Minge will dwell uponit for tonight and start it tomorrow....by the way i'm not going to hold back...am going to tell my life ..as best I can..without to much emotion.

I just hope that I can help others to realise..."you ain't got it as tough as you think.....in other words..walk a mile in shoes and then tell how tough life is."

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #20
B-1B
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Seriously your one of the few!

: : :newangel: : :
I am one of the few.
OOPS starting to post whore here.

Why are antagonist posts from members with high post counts so common now?
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #21
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1B
I am one of the few.
OOPS starting to post whore here.
Me to . OOPS me to.
Old 27-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #22
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I think some people are just afraid of being in forums like this on the net. Nothing wrong with that, they just like their privacy.
Also I think when people usually join a club "they pays their money and they takes their chance" while from in front of a screen you can check the players before deciding to play. :monkes:
Old 28-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #23
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
I do love that avatar btw

It's a funny thing, those post counts. I never notice mine until someone mentions it, and then I notice everyone else's post counts hahahahaha.

Yes, seaching would be a good thing I am sure, I just cbf.

Minge, make the man a badge or something! :sm_headba

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #24
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Thanks Minge will dwell uponit for tonight and start it tomorrow....by the way i'm not going to hold back...am going to tell my life ..as best I can..without to much emotion.

I just hope that I can help others to realise..."you ain't got it as tough as you think.....in other words..walk a mile in shoes and then tell how tough life is."
Well isn't the cold SOBER light of day a wonderful thing...there shall not be a "Tell us your life story" .

I must remember to stay away from the bourbon when I'm on here. Sorry about the ramble last night guys.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #25
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Ahh...drinkers remorse...
Old 28-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #26
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Exactly.There are a lot of people that post and it doesnt say anything.
Old 28-07-2005, 09:19 AM   #27
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Why? like i asked before,do you know who i am, where i actually live, am i a male or female etc etc. unles you have actually met me and seen where i live all my info could be fake.
Old 28-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #28
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Why? like i asked before,do you know who i am, where i actually live, am i a male or female etc etc. unles you have actually met me and seen where i live all my info could be fake.
Unless your going to be a pro active member, organise events or promote the forums, I really dont care who you are, your posts are however an indicative of your personality, and from there people will make a choice if they want to know more about your, most wont!

Thats the joy about a forum, no mater how much you bull, your always found out very quickly!
Old 28-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #29
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Yep, that is very true. I have seen the wisdom in your words.
Old 28-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah I wasnt saying Im worried about it, but I think some others are and that fair enough. This sort of thing doesnt appeal to everybody.