Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 29-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Default Phillip Island Trip

For those interested in the Trip to Phillip Island for the last round of the V'8s
please forward your interest to the xr_events@yahoo.com.au
We are looking at accommodation from Wed 23rd Nov for 5 days. For those driving we will be leaving on Tuesday 22nd approx 4am.
Only open to Financial Club Members.
Be Quick!!!

Old 30-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default Phillip Island

Hi
Betty and I have already booked our flights, the Fox's are driving down, I think that is it for the CQ contingent. :dj: Would not miss it especially after the great time we had on the Darwin trip. :
We have confirmed our accomodation with VP "The Don"
How about other CQ members getting the moths out of the wallets and coming down.
Must admit car racing has cost a quid or two this year and also have been accussed of becoming a V8 groupie.
Looking forward to seeing old mates from Brissy at the Island.
Tucky and Bettyboop
Old 30-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
747FLI

Exclamation The Island

Sian and I have already booked in with "The Don". I'll be driving down solo and then picking Sian up at Tullamarine on the way through, as she is traversing the globe in the month of November!

Looking forward to meeting all on the trip...do you think we could organise for the Moto GP to change their track date and be the lead up race to the V8's???!!!!!

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Black Panther

We have also booked in with the Don, and are driving down to run some k's up on the new Super Pursuit : . Looking forward to this one,"The Club Lives On" :disco:
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucky
How about other CQ members getting the moths out of the wallets and coming down.
Still recovering from Darwin, maybe next year.

Panda
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
foxylady

count the Foxes in, looking forward to the drive(I know I've got a problem as I LUUVV driving my car) Hey what's money, you can't take it with you so you might as well spend it. Wendy want's to do the Great Ocean Road and also show me around the Snowy Scheme where she grew up so we will make our own way home. Can't wait to catch up with everyone-Geez Don how big is this house we are all staying in?
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
747FLI

Thumbs up The Island

Tucky & Don,

My girlfriend Sian will be booked on the Virgin flight one after yours and Betty's (11:00) which arrives at 1:30 which is the same time we are booked into FPV. If you have a chat to Don over the weekend (during the ads for Bathurst of course!!!) as I don't want to have anyone miss out on any FPV happenings, however, I was thinking that I will only break for a short time on our last pit stop before coming into Melbourne, which should allow me time to find you and Betty and then get Sian from the gate...luggage...and then straight to FPV which is pretty much around the corner from the airport...about 10 - 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

I shall contact Don and yourself again next week to confirm. For now it's all Bathurst on the brain!

Happy Bathurst viewing to all up in the CQ XR Chapter!!!

Cheers,

Dave Dyer (747FLI) :eclipsee_
Old 03-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Thanks Dave, all souinds to good to me, can't wait

Tucky
Old 12-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default C'mon

Getting close, busy charging the batteries in the cameras and making the packing list
C"MON

Anyway Tassie tomorrow

How many sleeps Wendy????
Old 13-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #10
foxylady

Cool

Only 8 sleeps till we leave . Tan066 and I think Tassie went okay but we were under the influence of lack of sleep(bet you thought I was going to say alcohol) due to the fact we acted as the guys representatives at their work party and felt obliged to eat drink and dance their share as well-a fantastic time was had. But enough dribbling-warm clothing organised(what is it with winter clothing it doesnt get cold up here.)Found Joshes hat and I get the car for the week but only so I can have it cleaned and packed when himself gets home sunday night.
Road trip here we come.foxylady :newangel:
Old 14-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Packed my port yesterday, new socks, new jocks, new walk shoes everything ready to go, even managed to squash a jumper in.
Will give you a call later in the week if we can't fit everything in and need you to take a little port for us, I think the only thing hard to fit in is the towels
Old 14-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #12
747FLI

Question Should I Be Wearing A Bra?!

Sounds like everyone's ready to go. I have not done a long distance trip with the club before and understand that a Car Bra can be a damn handy way to keep the cars AOK. As I have pushed my budget to the limit now for this trip and won't be able to purchase one just yet. Does anyone reckon their would be a clubbie that would loan one out for an AUI in exchange for a box of XXXX or similar? Your thoughts troops???

Dave :dj:
Old 14-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
foxylady

only thing hard to fit in is the towels-I thought you were drip dry?