Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
el_gt_97
tickford

Default what should i do

i was driving home and passed a cop
just around the conner from home about 100 meters
he flashed his lights and try to pull me over and
i just pulled into to the drive way he pulled up behind
me and said come here and bring your licence
then started writing me an infringement notice
and said i failed to stop the fine cost me $450

el_gt_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Steffo
LPG > You

As far as I know, as you were in private property, he can't do anything. Especially if he only flashed you just before you turned into the driveway.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
el_gt_97
tickford

i was 100 meters from home when he flashed me
he had his sirens and red and blue lights on as well
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
el_gt_97
tickford

he said i refused to pull over
i was only 100 meters form home
Old 09-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Mate regardless of how close you are to home, you dont keep driving away from a copy with the disco lights on! Best of luck fighting that one cos as far as Im concerned youre completely in the wrong. You didnt stop when instructed, end of story.

Steffo - they can pull you up pretty much anywhere, doesnt matter if youre in your own driveway or not.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Mate regardless of how close you are to home, you dont keep driving away from a copy with the disco lights on! Best of luck fighting that one cos as far as Im concerned youre completely in the wrong. You didnt stop when instructed, end of story.

Steffo - they can pull you up pretty much anywhere, doesnt matter if youre in your own driveway or not.
100m in a car is like 20secs atm common thats bs i would have explained to the cop that i thought it would be easy to park and then deal with him. man i beat u carnt fight it but. f'n serious *** cops

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
reece1
reece1

now what happened in more detail, before you turned the corner
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This will be good!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #9
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

when you say flashed you? do you mean via speed detection device? or just with his High beams?
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #10
el_gt_97
tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
when you say flashed you? do you mean via speed detection device? or just with his High beams?
with his high beams and blue and red ligths
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #11
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Surely common sense says it's easier to just pull into your driveway and shut off the car, then deal with him.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #12
big_pete
Sublime

a similar thing happenied to my mum, they had a random breath test set up just past our street turn off, and once mum went home down our street, parked the car and went inside.
about 30 seconds later there was sirens blaring and cops flying down our street
about 15 minutes later (after thet finally found the car) there was a knock at the door and the cops were asking all kinds of questions but mum refused to answer any because she knew that they couldnt do anything because she was on private property etc.. so they left

your situation would depend on how far from your house you were and if you did anything wrong to entice the cops onto you.............
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #13
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
a similar thing happened to my mum, they had a random breath test set up just past our street turn off, and once mum went home down our street, parked the car and went inside.
about 30 seconds later there was sirens blaring and cops flying down our street
about 15 minutes later (after they finally found the car) there was a knock at the door and the cops were asking all kinds of questions but mum refused to answer any because she knew that they couldnt do anything because she was on private property etc.. so they left
They did the same thing at the bottom of my street awhile ago.
I thought they might come after me if I turned off into my street, especially in a car with custom plates.
But knowing that I didn't have anything to hide, I did so anyway.
Sure enough a car came after me, and I pulled over and answered the officer's questions.
I offered to do a breath test, but after producing my licence as proof of my address, the officer was satisfied that I wasn't avoiding the RBT, and apologised.

I do know that if you aren't sure of the authenticity of the officer (say in an unmarked car) you are well within your rights to continue to drive to the nearest police station, but in a marked car, regardless of how close to home you were, if you didn't pull over for him then you really can't fight the fine.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #14
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL what did the neighbors think?
I know common sense should prevail, but 100m in a 50km/h zone with a cop car behind you with it's light n sirens on must feel like a very long ride!

As for private peoperty - if i'm in a police chase and then drive into some private property, i'm PRETTY sure they can still charge me!

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #15
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
They did the same thing at the bottom of my street awhile ago.
I thought they might come after me if I turned off into my street, especially in a car with custom plates.
But knowing that I didn't have anything to hide, I did so anyway.
Sure enough a car came after me, and I pulled over and answered the officer's questions.
I offered to do a breath test, but after producing my licence as proof of my address, the officer was satisfied that I wasn't avoiding the RBT, and apologised.

I do know that if you aren't sure of the authenticity of the officer (say in an unmarked car) you are well within your rights to continue to drive to the nearest police station, but in a marked car, regardless of how close to home you were, if you didn't pull over for him then you really can't fight the fine.

Whether marked or unmarked...if you are unsure dial 112..and state the facts...if you have no mobile go straight to your nearest police station and state the facts.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Whether marked or unmarked...if you are unsure dial 112..and state the facts...if you have no mobile go straight to your nearest police station and state the facts.
Oh come on. They cant fine you for being unsure but they'd sure as hell find something to get you for for wasting their time! All these people who say "dont stop for a car" etc etc - come off it. This isnt the USA and anybody with half a brain can pick a cop car, marked or unmarked.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #17
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh come on. They cant fine you for being unsure but they'd sure as hell find something to get you for for wasting their time! All these people who say "dont stop for a car" etc etc - come off it. This isnt the USA and anybody with half a brain can pick a cop car, marked or unmarked.
In John's defense he did say 'if unsure'...
so if you were unsure (say the car didn't look like a cop car - but still could have been?), what would you do?

I know a bunch of dudes who got a set of dash lights and pulled people over just for laughs. luckily they wern't in the mood for any killing or raping that night.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #18
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
I know someone who has a white commodore, with blue and red flashing lights and a siren. He uses it to trick his friends.
If I was in my car alone, at night, and an unmarked car tried pulling me over, I would be heading for the cop shop.
Or at least somewhere well lit and busy, like a servo or something.
The only problem with calling 112 or 000 is that I don't have the hands free kit hooked up on my phone when I'm in the car, so if I tried that I'd end up getting done for using a mobile while driving :gren:
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #19
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
then they'd go you for talking on your mobile whilst driving, amongst whatever they were already going to go you for....lol!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #20
redspak
XE Freak!!

no they cant touch u on ur property unless ur are blatently doing somthing illeagle, if this case, however, if u were 10 meters from ur house u still have to stop on the SIDE of the road, because he flashed the lights at u, u must stop. simple as that, if they didnt flash u and u pulled into ur property then they cant do anything. because the car is on a private property, if the cops could pull up people in thier own drivway every one with an unrego and unrwc car would be so screwed! but yes is this case u are in the wrong unfortunatly. so just pay the fine and save the leagle costs
redspak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #21
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Private property means jack sh*t the offence was committed on a public road...your gone.

To the other side of the coin you chuck donuts,circle work on your own property..they can't touch you.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #22
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Private property means jack sh*t the offence was committed on a public road...your gone.

To the other side of the coin you chuck donuts,circle work on your own property..they can't touch you.
Both are very valid points. If a cop tries to pull you over on a public rd, you can't just pull into your drive way and it's all over. Police are allowed to talk to you on private property. If you do something on private property, such as a burnout, the cops can't get u for it, cause it is legal. It is times like this that I wish we did have a police ocifer on hand to sort out these questions. Oh, and ELGT97, I reckon you should have stopped, 100m is a fair distance when there is a cop behind you with his lights on.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #23
LUXO_8
windsor user

what did you do to make him put his lights on? you must have done something..
i drive past cop cars all the time (as would almost everyone on here!) and they dont put their lights and sirens on and try to pull me over all the time??
you said you were around the corner from home when he flashed the lights at you?..... you cant just decide stuff it ill drive the rest of teh way home!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #24
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Was it only for not stopping that you got fined? Or was there another offence added on, which you were originally being pulled over for?
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #25
el_gt_97
tickford

the cop reckonds
he was pulling me over for a rbt
Old 09-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #26
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

guys why we are on this topic, if you get pulled over by a unmarked cop car and they dont have a rader on but had to go 150 to catch you could they charge you?????cause my friend told me this story and i laughed in his face and said he was a bs artist cause he kinda is neways wot do you ppl say real or total bs or even a pranker like in dogbreath 48 's story

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
guys why we are on this topic, if you get pulled over by a unmarked cop car and they dont have a rader on but had to go 150 to catch you could they charge you?????cause my friend told me this story and i laughed in his face and said he was a bs artist cause he kinda is neways wot do you ppl say real or total bs or even a pranker like in dogbreath 48 's story
I had a cop pull me over once saying they had to do 140km/h to catch me even when i wasnt speedin. I basically asked if he had any evidence and he said no. I said send the fine out and never got it. He didnt have a leg to stand on.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #28
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
Well i know cop cars have more accurate speedo's - they must be for something!
Pretty sure if a cop car follows you at over the limit, pretty sure they can get you. I remember listening on the scanner a cop reported a motorbike travelling at over 250. He said he didn't get a radar reading but was doing 250 himself and couldn't catch him (before getting told to cool it!). I presume he planned on charging the rider with this info alone.

For anyone in victoria this was down coldstream west road - crazy!

-Stu
Old 09-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #29
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

I think tyre spikes then a baton to the back of the head is the best way to get across to people that the disco lights are not a request to stop when its convenient to for you.

You know people run and try to get to home for a variety of reasons when they get pulled over. Think about that and you will understand why the officer was miffed at you and handed you said infringment.
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #30
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cops can follow you and drive side by side to make a judgement of speed. Im pretty sure thats the only way they can make a judgement call. The cop that tried to book me came from a side street and i dunno what he was on a bout but i was doin 60 in a 60.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post