Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default servos out of fuel?

just went to fill up the falcon and in the 10k radius around our joint there are a few stations, a BP, Mobil, Caltex and Shell, all of them are either running out or out of fuel, all of them have no 95 or 98, only one or two pumps still running with 91, whats the go?

also its back up to $1 a litre..love to know how people are gonna travel without petrol available?

anyone else suffering the same problems?

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
FPV 5TH

I had the same thing at a BP here in Adelaide yesterday. No 98 and no Diesel
FPV 5TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Marduk
BFII XR6

Yeah I saw this on the news the other day but my petrol station I use had enough PULP for me so I saw no shortage when I filled up on Tuesday. I'm in Victoria though. Probably a totally different situation in QLD.
Old 25-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

There was an issue with a major fault with a Qld refinery which has stopped all production just before Christmas, I forget all the details but it was reported there would be a major shortage of petrol in Qld.

Check out the news websites for details.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
There was an issue with a major fault with a Qld refinery which has stopped all production just before Christmas, I forget all the details but it was reported there would be a major shortage of petrol in Qld.

Check out the news websites for details.

found it, there was a fire at a Caltex refinery in Brissy which had to shut down so as a result that bumped up demand at the others running them dry as well.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...26-952,00.html
Old 25-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its all a scam, they make it look like petrol is running out so they can force the price up for xmas, then there will be another truck load and say that it cost them heaps to get and the price increase is justified

they said yesterday in the townsville newspaper that fuel was going to increase to over $1 again and motorists should fill up, i thought that was illegal, but i bought a few jerry cans and filled up BP ultimate for 102.9, the jerry cans cost more than the fuel

ill sell you some of my cheap fuel

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

102.9? damn
the lowest BP 98 has been here was 110.9
Old 25-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just BS by the fuel companies to artificially push the price up for Christmas holidays (because all? get their fuel from the Caltex refinery and then add their own additives),lots of servos here in Bundy have run out.My wife queued for 20 mins to get ordinary ULP,
98 premium almost non-existant.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #9
DA68ZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
102.9? damn
the lowest BP 98 has been here was 110.9
i bought it at mudgeeraba bp for 104.9 just before xmas ...
When i told my dad he said no don't buy from him he's dear and im like dad i just drove from sydney and the last fill i paid 119.9 ...
DA68ZA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA68ZA
i bought it at mudgeeraba bp for 104.9 just before xmas ...
When i told my dad he said no don't buy from him he's dear and im like dad i just drove from sydney and the last fill i paid 119.9 ...
was that for 98?
noticed the mobil in robina was out of 6000 yesterday, surely this shouldn't be happening now?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to the Gold Coast for chrissy/new years, and on the way up, BP at Gundy had all their car pumps closed, the truck section was still operating, so we went around to the Caltex on by-pass and they had 91 and 95 so we filled up.

Once we got to the Goldy i didn't notice any of the supposed fuel shortage, the price was heaps lower then what I could get fuel in Moree. On the way home we stopped in Gundy for fuel again and this time Caltex had no 95 tired the BP and they had everything.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Caltex in Braesid down here had every single 91 pump out of order on Tuesday night. Pirce was 96.9 with shopper docket. They just wanted to force everything onto the 95 and 98 ron petrol.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed about the caltex in braeside its an absolute joke that not one 91 pump was working. When i was there at 10pmish there was about 8-9 cars doing laps of the pumps to see if there was one on, dead-set joke.

Convienietly every other grade of petrol was available just not the cheapest (apart from lpg) and most popular.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Caltex servo in Maroochydore has no petrol or diesel of any kind, the Nambour Caltex only has unleaded but no premium. This was on Monday so I imagine competing servos may be running low on fuel trying to keep up with the extra demand.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
timmy1300000
Black AU Falcon Forte II

i had the same problem on monday and tuesday both beriwck and narre warren caltex didnt have 95 or 98 fuel when i went to go fill up
Old 26-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #16
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well its not a scam is it.......
23rd Dec 94.9
24th Dec 97.9
25th Dec 113.9
26th Dec 97.9

No they don't put it up for x-mas do they??

And more importantly we were out of gas for the BBQ here and 5 different places had run out before we got it.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #17
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

My Bro and i both needed fuel last night, we were in his BF xr8 and we tried BP Underwood no premium , then caltex Loganholme , just about all pumps turned of so i suppose it was good for those who just wanted ice!!!! , then more annoyingly we get to BP loganholme and they couldnt even be bothered to mark their pumps to say they were out, so naturally i turned the car off, got out and tried to fuel up. Only to find that every pump bar one diesel pump had been switched off. Bastards. Finally with the xr8 winging at us saying we had 11 kms to go we headed to BP at Yatala which had premium so after a fun filled afternoon we headed back to pick up the turbo and go fuel her up too , mind you it was 1.17 .
Old 27-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

It is so, so, so illegal to be deliberately restricting access to fuel awaiting a price rise.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
TickedEFSix

Why don't you pick up one marked with an "out of order" sign and see? They can get done if they are indeed withholding an advertised product forcing consumers to pay more for the dearer type.
TickedEFSix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if there is a refinery breakdown supply will be restricted if it was a conspiracy the supply restriction would be nation wide (or do the just pick on whinging queenslanders) get real these things happen

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO

Last edited by Laminge; 28-12-2008 at 04:05 PM.
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
if there is a refinery breakdown supply will be restricted if it was a conspiracy the supply restriction would be nation wide (or do the just pick on whinging queenslanders) get real these things happen
From the start of November up until now, a couple of BP service stations around the area I live (Northside of Brisvegas) were running out for two or three days at a time (95/98 only) [B]WELL BEFORE THE FIRE AT THE CALTEX REFINERY IN HEMMANT,. [B]
And funnily enough, the two CALTEX service stations in the same area both had plenty of fuel.
The explanation for the BP"s being out of fuel was that "The pumps were tripping out the fuse box and might cause a fire if they are used" :I got this explanation at both the BP's.
But maybe the whinging Queenslanders like me made this happen.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
From the start of November up until now, a couple of BP service stations around the area I live (Northside of Brisvegas) were running out for two or three days at a time (95/98 only) [B]WELL BEFORE THE FIRE AT THE CALTEX REFINERY IN HEMMANT,. [B]
And funnily enough, the two CALTEX service stations in the same area both had plenty of fuel.
The explanation for the BP"s being out of fuel was that "The pumps were tripping out the fuse box and might cause a fire if they are used" :I got this explanation at both the BP's.
But maybe the whinging Queenslanders like me made this happen.
Funny you say that the explanation was the tripping out at the fuse box, after the very first big storm we had on the north side that is exactly what was happening at my work. We did have a tech out on quite a few occasions but it would still go haywire after a few hours of operation. To the point when the tanker came to fill our tanks he apparently missed one completely as the read out he was getting said we were 3/4 full. Our read out within an hour of him going and the tech fixing things again was very very little in the tank. If we had operated those tanks people might have not been very happy with what pumped into their cars. I am not saying that water, mud, whatever might but the chance of having 'bad' fuel at the bottom of the tank is a possibility.

I just love those customers that come in all abusive because we have our out of order signs on pumps. Yes we put them on some pumps at night due to drive offs etc but we don't purposely shut pumps down that people will need (leave at least a few of each type of fuel available) unless there is a damn good reason. The other customers I have fun with is those that come in abusing us at the console for the prices.
Whilst I mainly work in the cafe section, I quite often end up helping on the console part.
If you have been one of those morons that abuse, you wouldn't forget my reply that is for sure :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Funny you say that the explanation was the tripping out at the fuse box, after the very first big storm we had on the north side that is exactly what was happening at my work. We did have a tech out on quite a few occasions but it would still go haywire after a few hours of operation. To the point when the tanker came to fill our tanks he apparently missed one completely as the read out he was getting said we were 3/4 full. Our read out within an hour of him going and the tech fixing things again was very very little in the tank. If we had operated those tanks people might have not been very happy with what pumped into their cars. I am not saying that water, mud, whatever might but the chance of having 'bad' fuel at the bottom of the tank is a possibility.

I just love those customers that come in all abusive because we have our out of order signs on pumps. Yes we put them on some pumps at night due to drive offs etc but we don't purposely shut pumps down that people will need (leave at least a few of each type of fuel available) unless there is a damn good reason. The other customers I have fun with is those that come in abusing us at the console for the prices.
Whilst I mainly work in the cafe section, I quite often end up helping on the console part.
If you have been one of those morons that abuse, you wouldn't forget my reply that is for sure :
Yeah I can understand that. I certainly would not abuse the staff at the servo, I just politely enquired as to why the servo was out of fuel for such long periods and so often.
I found their explanation amusing, as I have an electrical trade and know that there would be no danger of fire.
And also the fact that the same reason was given at both servo's. Coincidence? Perhaps.
You may work at one of the BP's I am talking about.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #24
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
Yeah I can understand that. I certainly would not abuse the staff at the servo, I just politely enquired as to why the servo was out of fuel for such long periods and so often.
I found their explanation amusing, as I have an electrical trade and know that there would be no danger of fire.
And also the fact that the same reason was given at both servo's. Coincidence? Perhaps.
You may work at one of the BP's I am talking about.
Our instructions are that if there is an electrical fault we have to shut pumps down, if there is a huge storm we have to shut them down. I really don't know if there is a possibility of fire but policy is in place for this and it isn't worth us being sacked over for ignoring the policy.

I may well work at one of them, or could have done relief shifts there as have worked at quite a few of the stations on the North side.
The only BPs that don't follow BP COCO Policy are the privately owned ones, but there aren't really too many of them around anymore

Oh and I wasn't saying that you in particular might have been rude or abusive, but we do get quite a few that are.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #25
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Premium (95) is a bit thin on the ground here but E10, 91 & 98 seem ok.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #26
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

No dramas with supply up here. No price rise over Christmas either.
Old 28-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was driving back from Brisbane to Canberra yesterday and got to Ballina with about 15km to go until empty.

We had some Caltex fuel cards so tried the first Caltex station but they didn't stock 98 RON. Went to the second Caltex (where the big prawn is) and they didn't stock 98 RON either. Thought "stuff this" and decided to go to the BP - they'd run out of all ULP fuel at 1pm that afternoon and the guy there told me I'd be lucky to get any ULP anywhere.

We ended up going back to the big prawn Caltex (with a DTE of 1km!) and got just enough 95 RON to get us to Grafton where we filled it with 98. And yes I know the T will run on 95 but give me 98 any day!
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #28
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

WA had a bit of a price rise.... over day before/after chrissy went from like 95-111 now its workin back down... didnt notice any shortages though.
TOM-CAT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #29
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

same problem with trip to bris yesterday ,made a point of stopping more regularly (on my bike)keep her full of the good oil at a pinch will mix 95 but whats the story thats a lot of juice suddenly missing ,shortage or not .
Old 29-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #30
desGT

At BP I pass every morning here in Melb, fuel was 109.9. Why so high? Based on previous weeks it should be down to 101-102 mark on a Monday. Geelong Rd yesterday it was 101.9 (now there is an excuse for a drive!).
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post