Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Nsw club rego

Hi just wanted to know if we have club rego like the Melbourne people do, because next year im really interested in doing this with my nc fairlane because when it was registered 3 months of that rego went to waste when i drove her 3 times so i think this would be a great idea for me

just quoting this of a mate

I'd never thought I'd say this, but check out the Vic Club Permit Scheme.
You have the option of a 45 or 90 days per year permit.
You can pay for 45 days ($65) and if you use them up before your 12 months is up, you can get another 45 days, to a max of 90 per 12 months.
Now the catch.
You have to be a member of a Authorised Club with Vic Roads
The car, bike, trailer, caravan, whatever, has to be older than 25 years.
You have to fill in a log book and one entry per Calendar day that you use the car.

The system works and as long as your logbook is filled, you don't have too many issues.
I have been using it for a few years now, and let me tell you, it's not as easy as it sounds to chalk up 90 in a SIV. If you have a couple or even more, then it becomes harder to use up 45 days for each car.
Check it out. And good luck.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Nsw club rego

Um no

In NSW for H plates the car has to be over 30 years old (so series 1 XF / ZL) also it's a log book / club event system, NSW does not have the 45/90 Day scheme yet (there is talk of it but when will come in I don't know)

My wife's 38 is on H plates through the ASRF and for our use it works well, but if your not a club person it's a waste of time as aside from maintenance (5km from home) it's club events only

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 04-05-2014 at 03:36 PM.
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Its up to the NSW car clubs to get together and with the NSW road authority.

Thats how it was done here in Vic, via the AOMC (association of motoring clubs), and it took a lot of effort and time from both sides over quite a long period for it to eventually happen. It will never happen if you expect the NSW government or roads authority themselves to bring it in.

Yes, it is surprising how much it takes to accumulate 45 days driving in a year. My car on club plates has only accrued four driving days so far since December. But its a great system here in Vic, and hopefully no-one will misuse it.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a friend of mine just got it for his 90 or 91 mx6 and i thought maybe nsw will have it but it dont which sucks he said he gets to drive it when ever he wants just within the 90 day limit and has to recored it in the log book somthing like that
Old 04-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep that's pretty much how the VIC system works

The wheels are in motion with the clubs etc to push towards a similar system here but the GVT is dragging it's feet all the way.

I would love it with mine and I'd also like to throw my 51 chev truck on it as well

Old 04-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one day we will get it till its too late
Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was looking good with the national rego system, but my understanding was nsw signed it with their own additional part, so it's still a little ways off.

The time line I heard a few months back was December, but I haven't attended a meeting in some time so I haven't heard any further sorry

Old 04-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
a-total-tool

90 days per year (just under 2 times a week) doesn't sound like much use for your only car.
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ club rego isn't designed to be used for your only car that's why it's called CLUB rego not part time rego