Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Speed Camera Fine, Thankyou Vic Police

December last year my wife got a speed camera fine 59 in a 50 zone so she was booked for 56 with 3 klm grace...
Anyway when the ticket came in the mail, she laughed at me, then a closer look it was here car not mine (both cars in my name).
Straight away when I get one of these which isn’t very often (1st one for 3 years) I wrote a bull crap letter saying I have fallen on tuff times I need a extension to pay this fine, they normally respond with a letter saying you have been granted 3 months to pay this fine.
Today in the mail came a letter from Vic police it said they are satisfied the incident did happen and I shouldn’t speed but the are letting me off with a warning...yes a Warning. I am rapt, all my work mates say I am blessed..
Maybe I could go into business and sell these letters.. lol..
Thx Vic Police
.. :1syellow1 : _2:

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Post a copy of the letter up now! For the sake of humanity!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

OMG sif you get to be that lucky :(

so, there is kindness in the world after all

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Holy hell, whats the Victorian Police coming to?
Going soft on Speeders?

Steve wont be happy loosing revenue.

Good to see mate.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Post a copy of the letter up now! For the sake of humanity!
i am on night shift now at work, i promise i will do it tomorrow, in the morning i will scan and post.....

Old 14-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #6
live_1991

Some motorists can be let off with a caution. If you have recently received a speeding fine, but have been a good driver in the past, you can apply for a second chance.

Victoria Police has the power to let drivers off with a caution. Each application for a caution is judged on a case-by-case basis.

You can apply for a caution if you:

* Have held a full drivers licence for the past 3 years
* Have had a clean driving record for the past three years (no speeding or other traffic fines)
* You were caught doing less than 15kph over the speed limit (say 72kph in a 60 zone)
* Have not had a previous warning

You can write to the Civic Compliance Victoria and ask for a caution. You need to admit that you were speeding.

For details of where to send your application click

http://165.142.249.13/CA256E5F0003DE...t+details~&3=~
live_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

What, they let you off!!!! How can they. I mean, weren't you endangering the lives of the public??? You deserve to be jailed..... hehehee.... nah, good theat they can come to their senses once in a while and admit to the current legislation being SHIT
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #8
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

VIC police getting soft maybe ??? Stiff chance !
Congrats on your victory man !
Old 15-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #9
Hawk
I am The Brain!

It happens. If you have a close friend who is a cop they may let you know how to correctly word a letter to the police.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Hopefully none of them log on and see your Avatar..
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #11
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Today in the mail came a letter from Vic police it said they are satisfied the incident did happen and I shouldn’t speed but the are letting me off with a warning...yes a Warning. I am rapt, all my work mates say I am blessed..
You should go out and buy a lottery ticket!! :

In those circumstances, would you tell your insurance company, if asked, that you had been caught speeding, but didn't get fined or loose points? considering that the cops said the incident did happen??
Old 15-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #12
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work mate, post up the letter up for us (so we can send it off when we get a fine, lol).
Old 15-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #13
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Hopefully none of them log on and see your Avatar..
only do stuff like that on a race track...lol. :

Old 15-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #14
Kryton

maybe the government has doubts about the accuracy of the camera which is why they let you off?
save them being red faced again when they have to admit it and pay back thousands of $$$$ again.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #15
SpoolMan

Here is the letter I sent, a very small & simple letter; I have edited names and numbers on both documents.
Below is a scanned pic of the letter Vic police sent me.
To whom it may concern
My name is xxxx xxxxxxxx, I have received a penalty notice no: 0000000000.
Could I please have a time extension on this notice, I have some financial difficulty at the moment.
Daughter crashed her car and now coming off Christmas it’s a bit hard, I can’t make this payment on time.
I always pay the my bills, so if you could extend the time given to pay this notice, so I wont incur any more costs.
Thank you for your time, See notice attached.

Regards, xxxx xxxxxxx

Old 16-02-2005, 10:33 AM   #16
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I'm glad my chair has arms on it or I would have fallen off it! :

Bracksie would have a massive coronary if he saw that, maye you should send him a copy of it. :hihi:

One to you, none to the speed cameras. Well done.