Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
ozracer
Starter Motor

Default Focus 06 Obd Input

Hi all,

I presently have a 2 litre Duratec out of a 06 model Focus Ghia which has been wrecked and I am looking to fit to a kit car. Can anyone assist with the location of the OBD Port and what it looks like. I have a Visteon ECU and was wondering wether or not it is now incorporated into the CAN set up of this or is it still seperate. Trying to locate it in the box of bits I have at the moment.

ozracer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
BlackLS

International legislation has it the OBDII port can't be more than a foot away from the steering wheel.

You'll find it sort of in the pocket thingy around the drivers knee panel..

Although it is part of the wiring loom so if its seperated from the vehicle, just look for this plug:

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
ozracer
Starter Motor

Thanks for that I will see what I can find. On another point you dont know what the newer ecu's are referred to I presume EEC5 finished in 2002 or fairly close to that?
Old 26-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
BlackLS

I'm guessing your dave_vic_ozracer?

I'm not completely sure on the ecu but it would be similar to a lot of Ford vehicles such as the BA Falcon as they flash fairly similarly.

Capa i think have done some some testing with flashing when the LS Focus was released in 2005 and paarently hooking it up to their computer, they were able to talk with the ECU fairly quickly with no info on its mapping etc.
Old 28-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Guliver_TwiSt
Yes, laminge changed me

This would be interesting to wire up to a car puter, has anyone put one in? I would really love to see instanteous fuel consumption figures
Guliver_TwiSt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
ozracer
Starter Motor

No Im not Dave Vic actually Adam from Adelaide. I am planting a Duratec in my clubman. Im actually going through DRT in normal tune and then straight to 220 bhp with quads and cams etc. Have a look at my new post with a link to my engine tear down and preparation. There doesnt seem to be alot around information wise on the newer ecu but yes capa can completely reflash. I am looking at buying the software so it can be completely remapped and numerous parameters can be switched off. I still cant find the obd though will have to get onto the wrecker because it might have got left behind....
Old 31-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozracer
No Im not Dave Vic actually Adam from Adelaide. I am planting a Duratec in my clubman. Im actually going through DRT in normal tune and then straight to 220 bhp with quads and cams etc. Have a look at my new post with a link to my engine tear down and preparation. There doesnt seem to be alot around information wise on the newer ecu but yes capa can completely reflash. I am looking at buying the software so it can be completely remapped and numerous parameters can be switched off. I still cant find the obd though will have to get onto the wrecker because it might have got left behind....
Ok, there was a guy on here about 12 month back by the name of dave_vic_ozz (search in google for his internet trace) and he had a wealth of information about Duratecs/Mazda MZR in clubmans and the specs etc on these engines in general.
Old 31-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
ozracer
Starter Motor

Yep I know who you are talking about he is on the ozclubbies forum I have spoken to him on the phone