Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Motorsport courses & jobs

Has anyone done a Motorsport cert 3 or 4? What sort of jobs has it led you to? I'm a qualified mechanic and really sick of the work...

FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Motorsport courses & jobs

You are better off finding a race team and see if you join them as a mechanic.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.ardc.com.au/membership/officials-volunteers

That can be a start
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Matwilliams91

I did a certificate 2 & 3 in Motorsport at Kangan Institute in Coburg, but it has now moved to a new ACE building in Docklands. I was under te guidance of Greg Moulden, he knows his stuff, and has A LOT of contacts in the industry.
I learnt to TIG weld, ash well as all other types of welding, and the course was very thorough.

If you have some mechanic type background this course will get you a job. Whether its a tyre dealership, formula ford team or v8 supercars. I did work experience with Borland Racing Developments in Braeside, which was great, and also had several job interviews at a tyre dealership who does track work, and also at Tony Dalberto racing, but I turned the job down to focus on my electrical apprenticeship.

If you have any questions pm me, I know Greg very well.
Btw, this course was offered in Melbourne, but there's also a course in Albury.
Matwilliams91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Matwilliams91

Ok, I just saw you're a qualified mechanic, apply for the certificate 3 and you will have no worries getting a job. How old are you if you don't mind me asking.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm 23 mate also did my qualification through Coburg but don't think I ever met greg. Been in the trade 5 years, wan't to stay in the industry but not doing what I am now.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Matwilliams91

Definitely enquire about it for next semester, it's Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, so I worked 3 days during the week, worked out well. You will attend all the state serious rounds and the TAFE have a pit garage which they run repairs on competitors cars.
Really was a great experience.,