Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thank-you

Just a quick thank-you for allowing us to join you on your club run today.
Did'nt get to meet too many of you as time was limited.
The route chosen were great which allowed for some windy spirited driving!
Tracey took some pics which we will put up later if ok.

Mark & Tracey- Red AUII XR8
Rick- Fairlane by Tickford
Whoosha & Elaine- Everyone knows his car!
Gary- AUIII pursuit ute
Darren & Kelly- F6

Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

G'day!

You are more than welcome- thanks for coming along with us. After all, everyone can do with mates to quench the thirst after a drive on a beautiful day like today...... hehe

Feel free to put pics up - i am just in the process of putting a bunch onto the club website too.

And... well... it must be said so we will get it out of the way. We had a casualty today - one booster seat (luckily none landed on the seats themselves) after a certain young fella in the Cobra wasn't too well through the windy bits - too much sugar at the bakery?

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Had a ball and a great drive whens the next one?
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Thanks!
Must admit, haven't thought about the next one yet- as Feb we have Hanging Rock and motorsort on the 8th, Kiwanis on the 15th, westernport Festival on 22nd and FPV Day on March 1... sheesh- i better get cleaning on HALFN8!

Looks like it will be March......... but keep your eye on the club website- events are listed there.

Cheers

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Great roads and an even greater bunch of people that came along on the drive. Thanks to everyone for coming along and enjoying yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Thanks!
... sheesh- i better get cleaning on HALFN8!
I think that I might be doing these duties in the next week or so as the ute is making some awful noises after the run and I was too scared to have a look at the problem last night. Will put it up in the air tonight after work............so will be driving HALFN8 for a couple of days!!!!!
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
CobraMatt
Starter Motor

Great Day - well the part we did - No food at the bakery just car sick with the corners or maybe my driving - not good when he is only 4 ! - He will be staying home with Mum in the future.
CobraMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yep a big thumbs up from Me & the Mrs. to had a top day out and a good feed at the end too : just a couple of snaps I took ..

'

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

Look's like it was a great day, i unfortunately turned up to the stamford a bit late and you had all left, ahh well that will teach me to hit the snooze button one too many times...

I hit the dandenongs anyway, i thought you guys might have gone up there, see if i could catch up.

Anyway, will make the next one.

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry RED car driver was sooking cause there were no pickys of his wifes car so here's 3 for you :

Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoXr6
Look's like it was a great day, i unfortunately turned up to the stamford a bit late and you had all left, ahh well that will teach me to hit the snooze button one too many times...

I hit the dandenongs anyway, i thought you guys might have gone up there, see if i could catch up.

Anyway, will make the next one.
Steered well clear of the Dandenongs on a nice sunny day- and last day of Christmas break for most people heading home.

Headed through narre north, onto longwaryy, jindivck then stopped at neerim south. (want great roads? do the longwarry nth to neerim, south run) This gave Motiv8 enough time to cool down after a Lancer popped up halfway along that stretch doing all of 45km/h....

Then out to Neerim east, back onto powelltown to launching place and head down to gembrook, cockatoo before a left turn and quick splat south and finished at the Cardinia Park Hotel - which if anyone wants a good pub with good food and even better no pokies- head there.

Keep your eye out for the next run- it may be March at this stage as Feb is pretty much full every weekend, but I don't hang around too long after the time stated - as the saying goes "you snooze you lose".

Old 05-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
"you snooze you lose".

Ohhhh Snap!!

That will teach me

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

_2:

Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
MOTIV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8
.....as the ute is making some awful noises after the run and I was too scared to have a look at the problem last night. Will put it up in the air tonight after work............so will be driving HALFN8 for a couple of days!!!!!
What made it seem worse than what it was was that when slowing down (didnt start happening until after we left the pub) the whole car would shudder as though a broken axle or similar....
Found the culprit to be a stone that had lodged it self between the outer hub of the disc and the pad and due to the wierd shape of it and wearing it self into the tight spot I couldnt see it due to the dustcovers behing the wheel. Which then made sense when slowing down that it wanted to force its way through a gap 1/3 of the size of the stone............. any wonder it was shuddering the way it was, kinda like a dog (nah where am I going with this) : .
These are the type of issues that I like happening to cars!!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
SpannerXR8
2008 BF XR8

Glad you found the problem, lucky it was nothing major, thanks to the organisers, it was a great run and really enjoyed getting around some corners after driving across the Nullabor, back up bush now but am hoping to join you guys for the run down to the Kwinanis day........see ya's then and thanks again!!!
SpannerXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
MOTIV8

Quote:
What made it seem worse than what it was was that when slowing down (didnt start happening until after we left the pub) the whole car would shudder as though a broken axle or similar....
Well after getting the peskie stone out it was still shuddering and found the issue to be a broken handbrake pin at the wheel.
So I took it to club sponsor and member Alex at One Stop Brake Shop and whilst it was there put in a set of slotted discs, new pads and braided hoses on the front.............. No more slight shuddering of the front brakes at 80kmh and above while brakes lightly applied : and now will be able to stop on a 1c piece. Highly recommend anyone wanting brake work to go there.
Old 22-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:
Well after getting the peskie stone out it was still shuddering and found the issue to be a broken handbrake pin at the wheel.
So I took it to club sponsor and member Alex at One Stop Brake Shop and whilst it was there put in a set of slotted discs, new pads and braided hoses on the front.............. No more slight shuddering of the front brakes at 80kmh and above while brakes lightly applied : and now will be able to stop on a 1c piece. Highly recommend anyone wanting brake work to go there.
The track is calling........................................... ...............................

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
MOTIV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
The track is calling........................................... ...............................
Yeah I know but which car should it be in??????