View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #30
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sometimes I envy my Dad

I do not envy my dad at all, he had to work 7 days a week, loved to work hard as he could flat out always.

He helped me pave old bricks a driveway at 69yo with bad emphysema and he was more productive than many 20year olds at that. amassing he would fall down because of loss of breath and then get back up and go for it as hard as he could.
He would help anyone out on the job site, fall over backwards for people he contracted for and got ripped off that many times by con-artist and builders.

He got a little colour TV when his mum died in 1980 so we had colour from then.

He worked until he was 70yo he thought that he could not make ends meet on the pension but he was much better off on it than working in fact.

He did not own a house, he lost the house due to my mums dad ripping him off and he almost went to Jail. 100 men's tax had to be payed for a high rise building that they were partners in and mums dad took off to Europe. it was planed to destroy my dad put him in jail and get my mum and us kids to leave Australia.
Yet I never heard him complain about such.

He drank like a fish on Friday nights and come home blotto for dinner and my mum hated him drunk like that, he was always a fine drunk never angry or violent but she would not have Beer in the house unless for a party.

I loved the 1960' 70' 80's the freedom that we had back then was great.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: