View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 01:15 PM   #6
h20melon
Starter Motor

Default Re: MC Brake Bleeding

Thanks for the input and help.

In reference to jacking: I bought a Haynes manual for the 2007-2014 car and it mentions to use a trolley jack at the frame behind the engine and then use car stands under the sills. One thing I've been looking at is a portable scissor lift but currently don't have the space.

It is the Haynes manual that doesn't show things like the fuel filter in the engine bay (2.0L Diesel), or much information for the brake bleeding (apart from the order). I emailed Haynes and they stated the manual is based on the UK version and that there might be differences between the UK and Aussie versions of the car.

I've been watching many of Alan's videos and some of his cars have the fuel filter in the engine bay (contradictory information from Haynes). Unfortunately I haven't found a video of his about brake bleeding yet (I keep getting stopped to watch other videos as I'm scrolling down).

The custom oil filter spanner looks great - something I can easily make up myself.

@aussiblue With access for 72 hours, is the manual printable? ie: am I able to print what I need in that time?

Still trying to work out the brake bleeding at the moment.
h20melon is offline   Reply With Quote