View Single Post
Old 23-07-2006, 01:33 AM   #282
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its actually suprisingly placid arounds the streets (at least to me). I drove it to work in peak hour traffic on Thur and Friday quite comfortably. Admittedly it is not everyones cup of tea but I could easily (and do) drive it every day from racing right down to just putting up the shops to grab some milk.
It sounded a bit savage in your first update. Glad you're happy with it - is the missus still allowed to drive it? And how is it in the wet - must be a nightmare, at least until you get used to taking off on veeerrry light throttle.

I guess on the highway it would be OK too - the stall would only come into effect on takeoff and WOT kickdown? Tell me more - I may be interested in a hi-stall for mine (both), but I was thinking more around 2500 mark, as both perform family transport duties now that the twins are in booster seats.

Just on the box for a minute, didn't useless' first box die after the hi-stall? Is this what happens when the stall is changed? Did you have a trans cooler? From memory you did - but did it by-pass the radiator, or was it in series? Sorry about all the questions, but your car interests me a lot, as I want to do at least some of these things to mine (especially the wagon), but over a period of time ($$$$$).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT