Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #5357
Danny
GT4.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I find it absolutely incredible (no matter which side of politics you’re on), how clearly the mapped data shows where our problem areas are. It’s ones and zeroes. Black and White.

There’s just no grey area or question in it. The Eastern suburbs are almost relatively free of infection, the multicultural West is in an absolute diabolical shambles. The only eastern burbs which are affected are the two major ones whose cultural demographic parallels that of the West. There is clearly a major issue here with certain groups not following restrictions, and it is not being publicly addressed. We’re talking about cold hard unbiased DATA here! Yet it seems that information like this can’t be widely reported upon, as what it infers is HUGELY unpopular.

I sincerely hope that behind the closed doors of parliament that some discussion is being had about how to further guide these communities in the correct direction, no matter how unpopular the suggestion may be. I’ve heard and read plenty of articles that square the blame on the fact our society doesn’t provide migrant communities with enough news options in their native languages, and yet I see dozens of SBS owned radio stations, FTA TV channels and SBS on demand options for people to stay up to date with Covid in more than 100 languages and dialects.

It’s all great fun for Betoota articles to make fun of d-head Victorians destroying the work of the first lockdown by flying out to pubs and bars the millisecond restrictions were lifted but let’s make no mistake here - This second wave wasn’t propagated by privileged white boys piling in to the Glenferrie in Hawthorn.
4 users like this post: