Thread: Money MD Auto
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Money MD Auto

Hi Jenny(?). If you are not aware DCT stands for Dual Clutch Transmission and I would be worried about a mechanic who

1. claimed not to know what the message meant - and then
2. Only requires 4 litres of oil when changing??.

Clearly point 2 is of concern for three reasons:

1. I have never seen a gear box either manual or automatic which did not drain the complete volume of fluid when (if) replacement was necessary (But this does not mean they do not exist) and 2. the DCT transmission is a double shaft manual which uses automatic electric control if you are not using the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The fluid in a DCT really ought to be fully drained and replaced - in my opinion. The third reason is that if the transmission was fully drained and then filled with 4 litres then it is operating with only 2/3 of the capacity required.

My maintenance booklet shows 6 litres being the "Refill" capacity and the "B" service extras over and above the "A" service requirements clearly states "Replace" not "Top up". "B" services occur every 60,000 km or 4 year intervals whichever occurs first.

If a Moderator reads this I'd offer the thread ought to be shifted to the "Mondeo" sub forum. I'll assume in the interests of speed "Jenny" will be OK with this. That way "Jenny" might get some advice which is more relevant than mine.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: