View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #77
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

On another front, I've found suppliers for connectors that I need to make up a daughter-loom for the climate control, and therefore will not require me to cut the current loom. I'll just list the connectors now and will provide part numbers a bit later once I have finalised some things:

* 2 x 26 pin connectors for the EATC module. 1 of them matches the Instrument Cluster connector actually.
* 1 x 6 pin connectors for the interior temp sensor mounted near the EATC module
* 2 x 3 pin connectors for air temp sensors (face, foot)
* 2 x 6 pin connectors for the outlet and temp actuators
* 1 x 2 pin connector for the sunload sensor on the dashboard
* 1 x 12 pin connector to pickup the bluetooth/passenger airbag deactivation connector up beind the passenger airbag. This is for the MSCAN+ and MSCAN- pins
* 1 x 2 pin connector to mate to the existing blower fan connector - to pickup the high current supply
* 1 x 2 pin connector to connect to the Blower motor
* 1 x 6 pin connector to mate to the existing Blower Speed Switch connector - to pickup the high current GND
* 1 x 6 pin hybrid connector - to patch to the Blower Motor Controller - it's different and much bigger than the standard blower resistor. It has high current in/out like the std resistor, but takes a single line from the EATC motor which sends a Pulse Width Modulated signal for the control to vary the resistance and thus the blower motor speed. There are effectively 7 blower speeds on this controller.
* 1 x 10 pin connector - to mate to the existing AC control panel connector, to pickup illumination, Ignition, the Recirculation actuator, Module GND and the A/C demand line to the PCM

So the goal would be:

(a) Provide diagram/loom for mating Climate Control parts to a standard loom.
(b) Provide 3D printed design parts for actuator mounts and air distribution levers/gears.
(c) There's also a different aperture for the Blower Motor Controller, which would require cutting into the current box and fitting a printed 3d section to mount that controller.
(c) Possibly even provide a 3D design for the fascia panel that allows the EATC module and cabin temp sensor to mounted to replace the 3 dials.

It had occured to me that taking the 3d printing route for the face panel would also let me possible mount Focus LS/LT controllers. But there is a real issue with way the Fiesta does the outlet register versus most other cars - which in the Fiesta is via single distribution flap, whereas in other cars like the Focus or Mondeo, the Demist outlet is often a different flap to face/feet. The Mondeo MkIII, which otherwise looks identical to the fiesta controller, is quite different, since it has separate flaps as above.

And for anyone interested, I'm just about to get an EVNOVO/Artillery Sidewinder X1 - which is otherwise a semi clone/improvement on the Creality CR-10 - since I have a few parts in mind that need the 300x300x400 print volume, and I want the direct drive to allow me to print rubbery things like gaskets. (but then i can move into Standard WQ Fiesta Fog Lamp Bezels, XR4 wheel caps, XR4 jacking covers etc etc)

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 13-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote