View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
rastus1
Starter Motor

Default LW Focus Gearbox Faults

I have an LW Focus Tend 2 litre with a powershirt gearbox, purchased Dec 2011. It now has 2100 ks on the odo and on 3 occassions has shifted into nuetral whilst driving. Went back to the dealer 2 weeks ago for a "re-flash" of the gearbox. Today shifts into nuetral while turning right against highway traffic , no drive, no go and almost run over by a b double doing 110 as a result!!! So close to being flattened.

Has anyone had similiar issues?

Contacted the dealer this afternoon and the car booked next tuesday, being the first opportunity for them to look at it. The service bloke admitted no idea about the problem. Have looked at US forums and this shifting into nuetral fault appears to be but only one, of reported problems with the powershift with Ford US aware of all the different faults.

Also the Focus badge on the tailgate was not attached correctly, and all the doors particularly on the nearside are misaligned. Dealer had me take it to their panel shop and the owner there said, wow this is not acceptable for a new car. So far Ford have not OKed repair at their expense and the ownership experience is not proving not positive!

Previous car a Hyundai Getz 8 years old, now owned by my daughter and nothing on this car has ever gone wrong, just regular service. The finish and fit on the Getz is better at 8 years old than on this new Focus. Will let you all know how this turns out and maybe of help to others. All the best.

rastus1 is offline   Reply With Quote