View Single Post
Old 28-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #68
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Default Re: My 2011 MC Ford Mondeo Titanium Wagon Tdci

Well took the family for a good drive to Anglers Reach (Adaminaby, Snowy Mountains) to catch up with some other family members for Sunday/Monday Easter.

Was my first real drive of the car through decent twisty roads at speed. We covered about 400km for the total travel back and forth. The car didn't miss a beat and performed beautifully through the Snowy Mountains Highway. The Titanium hugged the corners and road superbly with 2 adults and 2 kids aboard, plus a boot full of luggage.

A few things which shone above all were,
The PowerShift Manual. This is where I believe these box's were made for. In fact in both manual and auto mode the shifting was absolutely sublime and felt so much like a drivers car, it is so well packaged coupled with the sports suspension for these types of roads. One of the things on these box's which I reckon gets overlooked is the down shifting, Wow it really knows what's going on and shifts down through the six gears for sweeping bends, corners and fast approaching intersections. Does it so well it brings a smile to my face all the time, so well tuned!

Another is the Adaptive Cruise Control, how good is this piece of engineering and so safe it's not funny. Using it amongst some minor traffic at 100km/h on the way down was faultless, and coming through 60km/h towns it slowed up beautifully by itself utilising some firm braking on it's own which was so smooth and unobtrusive (tested whilst following a car in front obviously) and sped back up to speed through the other side back up to 100km/h. This coupled with the lane departure works hand in hand so well I thought.

And one of the best traits for this Mondeo compared to my old AWD Territory was the so little fuel used again. Still trying to get used to it! I had done around 500km around town previously which was showing a half tank remaining and grumbled about possibly filly up for the trip, but though nah lets keep trucking along and reassess as we go. Well I ended up stressing over nothing as I made it all the way there and home again with just about 900km complete on the same tank and still showing 150km DTE remaining.

I love my Titanium Mondeo