View Single Post
Old 30-06-2015, 11:44 PM   #35
TECHNO489
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: AU 2-3 High Series Cluster Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
I know this has been covered a million times but some of the main things have never been answered, I changed my AU3 Forte cluster to a AU3 Fairmont Ghia Cluster today, all working great, only thing is that i dont have a trip meter as the high series have it in the climate control? and havn't wired up the individual door ajar and the washer fluid senser

all the tec docs around give basic instruction on upgrading a series 1 and just say change this these pins, not very easy to understand

the instructions for series 1 are pretty much the same for 2/3 with one of the wires changing colour but all pin locations staying the same

The following wires need to be moved around, in order for the Mid/High Cluster to function correctly,
1. The Park Lamp Dial (+ Positive) Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 13 to Pin 2. - Brown
2. The Dial Negative Dimmer Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 21 to Pin 3. - Light Blue / Red
3. The ABS Warning Lamp Wire needs to be moved from Pin 8 to Pin 23 - Orange/Black
4. The R.H. Side Indicator wire needs to be moved from Pin 19 to Pin 26 - Green / Light Blue (Series 1 is White / Light Blue)

(Using the Photo Below) The Pin numbers start from bottom right and go in a U shape to the top right spread over the 2 connections, so a total of 28 pins one connection has 8 pins (that does not exist on base model wiring) and the other has 20 pins

this photos is of the back of a AU3 Fairmont Ghia Cluster with a AU3 Forte Wiring loom, with the pins removed from the connection

Hope it's okay to rebirth this topic

Hi
I get this and understand it but not real clear on pinout numbering.
I connected this Fairmont cluster today to my 1/2000 AU1 Falcon and noticed it mostly works > revs, speed, left blinker, volt, so on.
what didn't work. turn parkers on and cluster lights turn off instead of dimming, right blinker and abs don't show.
I believe this 4 wires will fix my problem. pity DTE is not in this new cluster as I like to view that option.
Anyway 3 more gauges are better then DTE so I will live with out it.
Before I start cutting wires and making changes I would like a little more info please.
What is the pinout numbering to start with.
Another thing, oil light stays on and needle doesn't move. do I need to buy a pressure oil switch?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_21.jpg (141.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2139.JPG (120.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2140.jpg (66.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2141.jpg (57.7 KB, 54 views)
TECHNO489 is offline   Reply With Quote