View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #40
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
If I have to go into any shop with a DIY checkout (even Bunnings have brought them in now) I refuse to use them on principle.

Their profit margins are already high enough, and they're trying to cut more staff by making us do that work for them??

I deliberately go to a human checkout, in the vain hope that many others will do the same, and keep that person in a job.

If they were serious about their promotion of these DIY checkouts as "making it so easy" for shoppers, then they should be taking $5 off every transaction done on one of them, to pay us for doing their work!

There's only ever one winner when it comes to the supermarket duopoly.
I tend to look at DIY checkouts another way, im always in a hurry and waiting inline for some pleb to boop............booop.............boop at glacial speed, I look for the path of least resistance. If im grabbing half a dozen items im in and out in a flash, my only qualification for DIY checkouts (and I work in some supermarkets as a rep) is that they MUST NOT REPLACE a genuine human interaction with the organisation. In my eyes the staff member overseeing them MUST make eye contact and offer a greeting and goodbye.
Oh, and sign in to a supermarket as a rep and walk out the back and see how many staff work there who aren't on checkouts. DIY checkouts aren't gonna destroy youth employment like people make out it will.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz