Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 04:45 PM   #5240
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
ADF are trained, disciplined and have to report to a chain of command. If they make mistakes they are dealt with. They are not untrained cowboys with nfi what they are even doing.

And yes there are others to blame, but it starts at the top. One wrong decision at the top has now had a flow on effect and basically resulted in this second wave. It could have been prevented if not for this screw up.
And I'm sure the government never intended to have the security firm use anything other than what I've highlighted above. It would be interesting to have a look at the contract to see what it stated the level of competency the security firm required of its staff for this job.

But at the top of what? Just because the government was involved, why does it have to be them? Why not the top of the security firm? Or the agencies they used to find the employees used on this job?

Seems like it's just too easy to blame the government for anything and everything,

Now, I;m not saying that things couldn't have been done differently or even better. But that is the advantage of hindsight. Remember, there's no rule book that is at easy grasp to lead those in government through this pandemic. And they would have also been under considerable stress throughout this whole process, which would make it even more difficult. I just think you shouldn't judge someone until you've spent a bit of time in their shoes. Surely they deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post: