Old 24-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #25
murph
Starter Motor

Hmm here's my list

Month/year build: July 05
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: 32
Symptoms: Poor finish on paint.
Fault: Run in paint above drivers door, hair in paint on front guard, star in paint on rear bar. Black out in front spoiler not masked off correctly.
Fixed? By: Eventually took over a year and two goes back to the panel shop to get right.
Comments: Still not happy, black out not done due to special paint needing to be ordered. Overall paint very poor....

KMs at time of fault: 1500
Symptoms: Grease in the engine bay
Fault: Split in the rubber boot on the drivers side CV joint.
Fixed? By: Drive shaft replaced.
Comments: Bugger, I knew I brought one too early....

KMs at time of fault: 1500, 8300, 11000
Symptoms: Starting problem, takes a couple of goes to start.
Fault: Reset the computer
Fixed? By: Yes after the third time, seems to be fine now
Comments: Couldn't believe it when the dealer said to me "Well mate you work in IT, you have to reboot computers all the time, it's the same with these cars"..... Hmm since when did Microsoft write code for ECU's !!!

KMs at time of fault: 13200
Symptoms: Water in boot
Fault: Boot not adjusted correctly
Fixed? By: Well so far....
Comments: We will see next time it rains

Had various other problems with the car trim bits not right, panels not lined up, dealer putting a dent in the bonnet because they don't know how to close it (got fixed). Also think the A/C compressor is noisy but the dealer has ok'd it, we will see.

I love to drive this car it's a lot of fun, good practical car can pack the family in it which is good, cheap to run even when driving it hard. Get a lot of comments about it but won't recommend one to anybody, just too many build quality problems which is unfortunate as I'm sure I've put off a few buyers.