View Single Post
Old 31-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #24
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Latest Indian scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD-Bluey View Post
It often makes me wonder how they target people. I have a small home business that is mainly computer based,....so I am on it all the time. I don't get anything in the way of scammers at all and have never done really other than o/s telemarketers (usually some guy with an indian accent called Trevor) wanting to build me a business website for cheap etc.
A friend of mine is a tradie and rarely uses his computer for business, but started getting emails about the Nigerian Prince and all those other ones. Then he started getting the calls from "Microsoft" saying that his computer is faulty etc. I told him how to get rid of them by wasting their time acting dumb.
Now he is getting letters sent to his home telling him that a rich uncle who was a oil magnate in Singapore had died and left him millions!! LOL I just wonder why he (my mate) is getting targeted like that and I am not????
i suppose these days we let little bits of info slip out every now and again without even noticing, you log into some sites, they use cookies and have your ip address, i would imagine thats how some of it works ? and once that info is on the net, it is there forever and probably easily collated for someone trained in data acquisition .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: