View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #13
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Default Re: Shed Burglar Alarm Recommendations Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I had an older Bosch system installed at one point and it also kept false triggering like the others. I think I am going to have to build myself an RF sniffer and try and work out if there is something inside the shed that is triggering these things. I wonder if it is something to do with being so close to Jandakot airport although I would have thought the shed would make a good Faraday cage. I could extend my house alarm system into the shed, but I first I would need to ensure that won't false trigger too and it's not my preferred option.
thinking out loud here, could it be instead of interference being the problem, rather the faraday cage style of the shed - blocking the signal to the alarm/base unit. causing the false alarms (alarms goes off when signal from the sensor is lost).

the proper solution is a wired option. wireless is great in principle, but always heavily compromised for a large number of reasons.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote