View Single Post
Old 13-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #227
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Jacaranda's do have a very distinct smell, something I can smell straight away when I'm further north, not that common around the NE of Victoria.

One of the lovely smelling tree's on my list is the Lemon Scented Gum and a beautiful smooth trunk which doesn't harbor bl**dy Huntman's spiders something Redgums are known for.
Another tree that has some nostalgia for me.

My Grandmother on my Fathers side had a huge lemon scented gum (Corymbia citriodora) in the backyard. The smell of these trees, especially after rain, reminds me of her and just brings up positive thoughts.

Orange blossom is also another nostalgic favorite of mine.

Gardening is one of those activities that involves all of the senses. Sight would the most obvious ones, however for me, smell is almost if not more important. I even use smell to help diagnose certain plant ailments. For example, a plant that has mildew gives off a certain aroma that helps me direct someone to the correct product to solve the issue. Soil that is depleted and lifeless smells different to rich and healthy soil. And of course so many plants have signature fragrances, be it flowers or foliage or even their root system.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: