View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:08 AM   #6722
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
My opinion of dealing with this virus is similar to Alan Jones perspective, that is, as per what the PM said in March or April, 99% of people will get over this with minor to mild symptoms. We need to get this country opened up to get the economy going.

We can be in furious agreement though regarding the economic outlook for next year and the year after. We're going to see the consequence of government protecting the 1 percenters next year. Job Keeper and Seeker has artificially kept some sectors of the economy going, the party ends March 2021. It's going to be interesting indeed.

I'm following what the banks are warning about, not the hype perpetrated by the real estate sector and the FOMO mini housing boom going on in WA.
Romulus, serious question, and I understand that it is sort of hypothetical. I apologise if you have already covered this.

If, in your mind, COVID was as serious as they/whoever are saying, would you be OK with the measures that have taken place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post

I'm following what the banks are warning about, not the hype perpetrated by the real estate sector and the FOMO mini housing boom going on in WA.
I'm with you there. The son has just bought a house and I went with them to a few open houses. The way some of the real estate agents were carrying on they were either lying the backsides off or just plain stupid and/or ignorant to see what could be just around the corner next year.

Judging on what most of them are driving, there could be a few cheap 12 month old BMWs and Mercs for sale very soon.

Last edited by PG2; 01-10-2020 at 12:15 AM.
5 users like this post: