View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #48
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Post away mate, I don't mind.

What you need is a broad leaf selective herbicide/weed killer.

https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/...E-weed-control

Used correctly, this will kill weeds and leave the lawn intact. Don't use those "Weed-n-Feed" type products as these simply burn off the foliage and leave the weeds root system behind to regrow at a latter date.
Thankyou :-) Yes been doing a lot of research on lawns. I believe I have a Couch grass. But looking close today might be Buffalo.

I have been going around pulling those weeds out. I have a complete infestation of them!

I don't think I have a choice but to spend hours and keep going around digging them out. As a result I've dug up a lot of my lawn

At the moment plan of attack is to put runners back into the ground and keep searching around for more of those weeds. I don't think they can be killed off. I've pulled out at least 150 so far.

In the spring I'll do the broad leaf weed killer then fertilise in september. Lucky its a small yard... Some of the couch is thin because of shade, so I'll put in garden beds I think. Scotts Lawn Builder seems to get good reviews and isn't too expensive

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003

Last edited by BA-XT; 03-06-2020 at 06:42 PM.
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: