View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #23
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalHorizon
If it never pretended to stop surface rust, then its pretending to stop ANY rust, because thats the only sort you can have.
surface rust is where it starts. it then penetrates the metal and eats away at it and then it is no longer surface rust but a hole

i read the booklet on erps many years ago, so may have forgotten some things, but the book suggested that the pulse the system put throughout the car would not work on bare metal. it need paint or surface rust to carry the pulse throughout the car

if people do not believe they can work - then that is great
if my car has suddenly stopped having problems through coincidence and i am blissfully unaware of the real reason it has not had any more rust - then that is great too

i am very happy with mine and will continue to use it and if our resident scientists cannot explain it then who cares, there are many things science cannot explain because too many people only look at what they have been taught - others however try to think outside the square and sometimes they can re-write the book

having said all of this, i am not going to leave my car out in the weather, just because it has an anti rust system on it. if it works only a small amount, then that amount combined with the fact it is out of the weather will help to protect my car for years to come. i would certainly not consider getting one as the only preventative measure
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote