View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtorque
Yeah cs123, I think bushbasher kinda nailed the scientific side of it, from what I've read about these units. I dont think there are any sacrificial anodes involved. Need to do what ever I can as I dont intend selling the truck. Have been useing the normal methods of rustproofing over the years but its hard to get it into the areas where there is double panneling. Thanks for the replies thus far fellas. Great site .
Just be careful. http://www.carsavers.com/tipconsumer.htm

Other have said it. Sacrificial anode works well in specific applications, but I don't know how it can work on cars. I believe the little boxes that pulse "energy" through your car are up there with Hilcones and polarisers. If a $5 box of parts can do this then why don't all manufactures do it.

Just my opinion though as I am not a materials engineer. I'd be looking at established methods of rust containment first.

Google "electronic rust prevention scam" and have a look at what many people are saying.

Sorry to be a nay sayer.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote