View Single Post
Old 25-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #57
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
I got a letter a year ago saying go and get it done..

I have not taken it to get done, no problems with it and my car gets pushed hard and abused more then most ive seen, never ever had a leak or a click or whatever from the front end..
Also I WONT, no I REFUSE to take my car to a ford dealer... it will never happen EVER..

when I service my car I check up and down the steering rack, steering arms and everything really to do with steering, nothings ever come loose.. no point imo..
Never say never Stiddy! LOL!

But I do know the frustration people feel when ripped off by Ford. I once had a Laser serviced and the rear drums were deliberately machined by them to a fraction within their servicable limits, presumably hoping that I would stuff them the next time and need to replace them. This was in 1991 and the only 2 times my Fords have been back are to get the recall work done, and to code 2 keys last week.

I was so hacked off with their service all those years ago, and the arm and a leg cost of a routine service that they have missed out on 15 years business!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote