View Single Post
Old 13-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
giesse
Starter Motor

Default TX5 Ghia V6 Auto - some questions

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a '94 TX5 Ghia V6 Auto - brilliant car, love it.

But I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1 - Fuel economy in town - there seem to be varying opinions about this. The published figure (I believe) is 11.5l/100km - I'm getting about 12.5-13. I would have expected something around the 11-11.5 figure. I've read figures from 10-13 from different people. It goes VERY nicely, but even driving gently it seems way too much fuel for a 2.5l. Any suggestions on what I might do to improve this? BTW, 98oct premium made NO difference - just cost more!

2 - Can anyone tell me how the heck you get into the dash to change the stereo? There don't appear to be any screws to remove the plastic panel, so I assume there are clips - but I don't want to force it and break something.

3 - The tyres on the car are apparently the same as original - Bridgestone Potenza RE71. They seem to be a nice tyre, but very noisy. The car itself is very quiet, but you can usually hear a lot of road noise which can get annoying. Has anyone found a quiet alternative, or is it just because of the 55 profile?

4 - Cruise control. Mine seems to take a LONG time to kick in when you hit the SET button - maybe 10-15 secs at times. This is odd. You think it didn't work, then eventually it starts to grab the pedal and take over. Is this just mine, or do they all do that?

Thanks for reading my long post!

giesse is offline   Reply With Quote