Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #5065
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We've looked at the number of tests per detected case with Australia one of the highest at 233 tests per case and places like Mexico and Colombia less than 5 tests per case. The USA is at 13 and the UK at 57 but the data only really tells who is perhaps targeting their testing better.

Here is the chart for the 'focus' group of countries that I'm watching in detail and I'll see if I can get one for all of the countries. Please note that these numbers are based on ADULT population only.

As always, there's a danger with using data without understanding the basis of that data. As you say, some countries may only be doing testing of those who show symptoms (mostly Aus) versus countries who are conducting widespread testing.

Given that Aus is (as I understand it) mostly doing testing for those who have flu like symptoms, I'm really surprised at the high number of test per positive case.

Again, thanks for doing the hard work in the background to make this data available.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor