Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #5049
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Here's an interesting news article

Quote:
Anti-mask protesters' new weapon: wearing masks that offer no COVID-19 protection

Face masks made of mesh, crochet (yarn) or lace are now popular items being offered by online retailers.

INDIANAPOLIS — As more communities and businesses adopt mandatory mask orders, supporters of an “anti-mask” movement are looking to make a statement. They are wearing masks that cover their nose and mouth but provide no ability to slow the spread of disease.

"I wore a mask that is designed for protecting your face in a paintball battle. You can easily breathe through it. I walked all around the store, talked to employees, and other shoppers, and every one of them could see my mouth," said a Florida man who posted a video showing him wearing a mesh mask to a Tampa Walmart. "It was almost like not wearing a mask at all. Nobody cared. That's because it's not about safety. It's all about compliance."
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/in...e-860fe84e0f52

Also notice the difference in attitude and language between the BLM protesters and the anti maskers protest:

Quote:
Victorian police call protest planned for Melbourne CBD “selfish”

Victoria Police have vowed to crack down on a protest planned for Melbourne’s CBD this weekend despite the city entering stage 4 lockdown.

In a statement, police said they were aware that “some people” may be planning to attend the CBD on Sunday to participate in a protest.

“This is a completely blatant breach of the Chief Health Officer’s directions and puts Victorian lives at risk,” the statement said.

“This selfish behaviour will absolutely not be tolerated. Be assured Victoria Police will be responding and will take appropriate action.

“There will be a highly visible presence in and around the city to ensure the community is complying with Stage Four restrictions.

“We will have no hesitation in issuing $1,652 fines or making arrests on the day, if necessary.

“Police are also making inquiries into the organisers of this event and we will be holding them to account.”
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...88725aaa264fd4
2 users like this post: