Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #4995
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Don't forget Australia is very multicultural so while some see buying off shore products as being unpatriotic, others do it to support their homeland...
Boycotting overseas product, or calling for trade to cease, does not make you patriotic IMHO. We are a lucky country and a huge part of that can be linked to the surplus generated from international trade. It translates to things that we take for granted, like free / affordable healthcare, affordable education, being able to support the vulnerable etc. Aside from the financial gains, it also gives citizens more freedom of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960
How do our Victorian forum members see the overall handling of the pandemic in your State , especially with Daniel Andrews and his team in mind given what's happening at the minute.
Dan has done alright in a very difficult time. So far he has managed to batter away the political cr@p thrown at him, and has kept his focus on the issue at hand. I'm surprised how he has not reacted to some of the stuff being said from the opposition. I'm also a big fan of Sutton, he speaks frankly, with no weasle words or spin. Victoria was always high risk, taking in a huge influx of overseas arrivals. Wasn't it taking in 50% of all international arrivals when the outbreaks happened? Ultimately, mistakes were made (both state and federal), but they are working extremely hard to try remediate. I think they called stage 3 at the right time, and stage 4 at the right time. You cannot blame the premier when 800 people who should be isolating, aren't.
6 users like this post: